Janome Jem arrived. Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Janome Jem arrived. Question.

Because my back and leg were protesting taking my machine to classes or to my elderly mom's when I stay there, I ordered a Jem on Wed and it came today. It's much lighter.

I misread the accessory package...thought it was included and it isn't...so no 1/4" foot. I believe I read other feet can be used on it, such as Brother feet at Joanne's. Is that correct? I'm at my mom's tomorrow and Monday and would love to be able to sew.

Sorry if this is a dup. I thought I'd sent it an hour ago but don't see it. Sometimes I have trouble with the site loading.

Re: Janome Jem arrived. Question.

I may be wrong but won't generuc low shank feet fit it? Are they snap on? I've biught gneric feet for my machines and they work.

Comment

I am like 95% sure that it's going to take a generic low shank foot.
      They have a pkg's of those generic low shank feet on eBay. as cheap as they are, I've wanted to try them, but at the moment, I don't need the one's they are offering.

Comment

I have used Janome feet on my brother machines. Try snapping one on and turning the fly wheel by hand and watching where the needle goes. if it passes through the hole in the foot you should be good to go.
        Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

I don't know about Janomes, but my pfaff/singer/babylock feet are all interchangeable, the low shank clip on ones.
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

My Janome will only take Janome feet, and so did my previous Janome. I found the snap bar on the feet are not positioned in the centre where the ankle snaps onto it. Maybe this has changed over the years. Bring your machine with you into the store and see if they fit. It will save you an extra trip to return it if it doesnt work.

Comment

I have the Janome Gem and the universal low shank works. Congrats! It's a great little machine. If you get stuck on threading (predominantly bobbin threading) there's a great You Tube tutorial out there, sponsored by Janome.
              I really need to get off the exclamation point.
              It may give people the idea that I'm bright and cheerful all the time....

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I will take it with me tomorrow.
                New York Sue, thanks for the info on threading. That tip may save me some frustration. Nice to hear that it takes generic feet.
                Last edited by cathym; March 28, 2014, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X