my stash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my stash

I am just beginning to organize my stash! So excited! Now I just need to find more cardboard...
    Attached Files

Re: my stash

Illine cardboard (like from a used box) is not good for fabric, it has acid in it....A lot of people use comic book boards that they get from a comic book store. 8*9 bucks for 100. They will hold about 3 yrds per board....HOWEVER I will say that your stash looks wonderful. I can see your organization.
    :icon_wave::icon_woohoo:Kellie:icon_hi:

Comment

I ask at the fabric store if they have any empty bolts they want to give me. they usually have at least four or five. and sometimes a shopping cart full. just ask! the worst they could say is no!

Comment

Amazon sells the comic book boards too, just. FYI
        I'm in the process of putting all my fabric on boards too. I found foam core boards at the Dollar Store. They are working well for me, I can get 8 boards from each sheet. I cut them using a rotary cutter with an old blade (thanks to someone here for that idea, Kensington if I remember correctly).
        Good luck, I think it's worth the time involved, now I can see all my stash easily. I can "shop" my stash first, which is going to save me some serious money.
        May the road rise up to meet you...
        May the wind be always at your back...
        May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
        Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Kelly, thank you sooo much for that tip! I had no idea about the acid. I plan on redoing asap with comic boards.

Originally posted by kelliedi View Post
          Illine cardboard (like from a used box) is not good for fabric, it has acid in it....A lot of people use comic book boards that they get from a comic book store. 8*9 bucks for 100. They will hold about 3 yrds per board....HOWEVER I will say that your stash looks wonderful. I can see your organization.

Comment

Okay... I have ordered magazine boards which are acid free. However, JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby gave me some of their boards that fabric comes to them on. Do you think they are acid free? No one could tell me at either store. Any opinions as to whether those will be okay or not????

Comment

I use comic book boards for under 3 yards of fabric. Anything over 3 yards goes on the bolts from the fabric stores. I have never had any trouble with any of them. I won't live long enough to use all this fabric up and some of it has been on the bolts for years and it is just fine.
              Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

Thanks for the tip about the comic cardboard at Amazon. I placed an order. I've been using bolt cardboard from Joann's, but I hate cutting it down.

Comment

Looks great!!

Comment

Working...
                  X