Best Aurifil Thread Set and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Aurifil Thread Set and...

I love Aurifil thread and while playing on their website I saw that there are some sets of a dozen different thread colors. I don't have much of their thread yet [only white and green variegated] so my two questions are:

• Which of the sets do you think has the best colors for thread "stash" building?

• Where do you buy these sets? I saw some on ebay and amazon but it was sparse. I've never seen any of them in stores that carry Aurifil.

COLLECTIONS
    This is the link to the collections I am talking about.
    Loosely based on a true story.

Re: Best Aurifil Thread Set and...

I have seen them in the shops I may be known to frequent, also at sew expo. About a year ago, there was a BOM, which was a laser cut kit, and they made a set specifically for that quilt. I doubt I'd buy one, because I only buy when it is on sale. A couple summers ago, there was a shop that had buy three, get one free, so it came out to be an excellent price.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Ryan,

Redrockthreads.com looks like they have a good selection.

Comment

Fat Quarter Shop sells them in sets

Comment

I have three differrent sets by Pat Sloan, Tula Pink and a Basics by Mark Lipinski. Love (dearly love) Aurifil and these collections have taken away the "I will sew/quilt this later when I have the correct thread" excuse.

Comment

Oh, man, I LOVE aurifil thread. My machine loves it too! This Canadian site is discontinuing aurifil. I think they ship to the States-remember you would probably have to pay duty/customs/taxes (whatever) if you order a lot. I am not sure if it is good prices or not. I did just order the bobbin thread from them.

Tristan Italian Threads  :: Aurifil Threads

Comment

Personally I think the style and color of your quilts dictate which designer thread sets are appropriate for your thread stash.

I have discovered that Mako 50 #2370 thread works for the color of fabrics I gravitate to; so I basically use it for piecing all my scrappy quilts and have not had the need to invest in a huge thread stash. Although I would not mind having every Aurifil color/weight thread - great eye candy!

Fat Quarter Shop: http://www.fatquartershop.com/quilti...aurifil-thread
              Redrock Aurifil Thread Sets
              Last edited by snowbird; March 27, 2014, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Found another website for a huge selection of Aurifil thread sets: Aurifil Thread Collections, Selections and Kits

In addition to the designer sets, they also offer kits of all Mako 50, Mako 48, Mako 28 and Mako 12 for $725.99 each kit!!! Wouldn't you like these for your thread stash?

Comment

Originally posted by snowbird View Post
                  Personally I think the style and color of your quilts dictate which designer thread sets are appropriate for your thread stash.
                  Unfortunately I don't have one particular style of quilts. I flip flop from basic rainbow solids to intricate civil war reproductions. Holiday themed runners, to baby clothes. Last night I finished a baby quilt with fabrics which look like early 1900's repro and I'm moving on to a 1930's quilt project once I decide what pattern to use.

I need to pick something and stick with it but I just love doing everything so much.
                  Loosely based on a true story.

Comment

I like to do a variety of things also . No one thread combo would work for me . I just buy spools as I need them, especially variegated I love those.
                    sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                    Sigmund Freud

Comment

Pumpkinvine Corner - Your Friendly, Downhome Quilting Supplies and More carries a lot of those sets of Aurifil... I haven't ordered one of them from her but I do order my large cones of Aurifil from her, very reliable and ships quickly. I did order a few of those sets from Moda Fabrics, Quilt Fabric, Quilting Fabric, Quilt Kits, Online Quilting Fabrics & FREE Quilt Patterns | Fat Quarter Shop last year when she had a good sale on them...she only has a limited selection of them whereas Pumpkinvine Corner has a large selection.

Comment

Fat Quarter Shop has a good selection! I just bought the Tula Pink that has quite a few variegated cones.
                        https://www.fatquartershop.com/catal...fil+Thread+Box
                        Have a Sewonderful Day,
                        Mary T.

Comment

Working...
                        X