Night Owls, what is your favorite quilt pattern to make

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night Owls, what is your favorite quilt pattern to make

Do you have a favorite pattern that you like to make or choose to make when give a choice?

I think that one of my favorites is just to take 5" charm squares and create a quilt with them. I enjoy planning the pattern of the fabric. Today I took two The Lorax charm packs and created a baby quilt making a falling charm pattern as I went.

Re: Night Owls, what is your favorite quilt pattern to make

I have not made but a handfull at this point, so. I am looking forward to hearing what the favorite go to pattern is. Gotta try that falling charms
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I don't have a favorite yet, but there are a few I have done that I have really enjoyed doing...ie....D9P, dresden plate, snowball 4-patch, and pinwheels. There are of course several that I am dying to make, just need to find the time to experiment and make them work.

Comment

I don't think I have a favourite. The pattern I use depends on the fabric. If it's a picture fabric I like to use a big starting piece and work round it, so I might cut a central hexagon and sew strips round it, or cut a square and sash it.

I've just finished a string quilt, so it really does depend on the fabric.

My Janome 8900 is sulking at the moment so I'm working on an 80 year old singer66. It sews beautifully, but I've not worked out how to stipple on it yet. I've only had it two days.

Comment

Well, just in case you hadn't heard - I love the Dresden.....funny thing though, I've never made a quilt yet......but my sis HawaiiRoxy has done a quilt top!
          ~Kathy~

Comment

I don't really have a favorite, I like variety and rarely make the same thing twice.
            sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
            Time spent with cats is never wasted.
            Sigmund Freud

Comment

I'm not a night owl, but an early bird. I love Jacobs Ladder, Irish Chain, Hunters Star and the simple charm squares sewn together. Not sure I can pick just one. All super easy and satisfying to make.

Comment

Working...
              X