Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stitching the Couthouse Steps Quilting Block

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Stitching the Couthouse Steps Quilting Block

    How would YOU stitch said block? It looks as if many of the examples I have seen today have stitching down the middle of the strip.

    Thanks guys and dolls.

    Cheers,

    Lyric
    sigpic

    http://www.sewlyricallyvintage.wordpress.com

    "Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!" ~ Angel Bear

    #2
    Re: Stitching the Couthouse Steps Quilting Block

    Can you show us a picture?
    Vonnie

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Stitching the Couthouse Steps Quilting Block

      Is this the block you are talking about ?

      courthouse steps block pattern - Sök på Google


      If so here are a tutorial

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI5GE2wlqmc
      sigpic

      God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
      The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
      A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
      And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Stitching the Couthouse Steps Quilting Block

        Originally posted by Vonnie View Post
        Can you show us a picture?
        "Courthouse" pattern is the photo on the right

        I was interested in how folk would do the actual "quilting"; sewing the three layers together; not the piecing.

        Cheers,

        Lyric
        sigpic

        http://www.sewlyricallyvintage.wordpress.com

        "Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!" ~ Angel Bear

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Stitching the Couthouse Steps Quilting Block

          Thanks, Swedish Leo; I'm viewing the YT now in another window.

          Cheers,

          Lyric

          P.S. Just viewed the vid; no information on the actual quilting stitch which is what I was inquiring. But thanks anyway.

          Originally posted by Swedish leo View Post
          Is this the block you are talking about ?

          courthouse steps block pattern - Sök på Google


          If so here are a tutorial

          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI5GE2wlqmc
          Last edited by lyric; March 27, 2014, 09:17 AM.
          sigpic

          http://www.sewlyricallyvintage.wordpress.com

          "Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!" ~ Angel Bear

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Stitching the Couthouse Steps Quilting Block

            This is on my to do list. It has large blocks, but I like the swirly look of the quilting in this one. On my computer, I can see the quilting on the top white part of the quilt. Straight lines are also pretty on these, and quilting the straight lines diagonally would look great.

            Moda Bake Shop: Steps To The Sea Quilt

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Stitching the Couthouse Steps Quilting Block

              Such a pretty blue. Thanks for the share, starlover and yes, I like the swirly quilting too! Goes with the theme of the quilt, the sea.

              Originally posted by starlover View Post
              This is on my to do list. It has large blocks, but I like the swirly look of the quilting in this one. On my computer, I can see the quilting on the top white part of the quilt. Straight lines are also pretty on these, and quilting the straight lines diagonally would look great.

              Moda Bake Shop: Steps To The Sea Quilt
              Last edited by lyric; March 27, 2014, 09:25 AM.
              sigpic

              http://www.sewlyricallyvintage.wordpress.com

              "Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!" ~ Angel Bear

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Stitching the Couthouse Steps Quilting Block

                That's beautiful starlover!

                Lyric I think the quilting is going to depend on your fabrics and if it's traditional or modern like the sea one. What are you planning?
                🌺 Lorie

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Stitching the Couthouse Steps Quilting Block

                  Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                  That's beautiful starlover!

                  Lyric I think the quilting is going to depend on your fabrics and if it's traditional or modern like the sea one. What are you planning?
                  I want a red center (I think that's traditional); and I plan on using the 2.5" scraps I cut up when I decided to learn to quilt. Most of the cottons I'll be using were originally used for shirts for a man. I mean they are all over the place; oranges, lightening bolt/fire patterned fabric, calico, and on and on. I wasn't pressed because the original plan was for it to be my first quilt; i.e., a learning experience.
                  sigpic

                  http://www.sewlyricallyvintage.wordpress.com

                  "Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!" ~ Angel Bear

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X