Q.O.D. - wanna play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q.O.D. - wanna play?

I just thought of a way cool "Question Of The Day": What is your absolute favorite quilt pattern? You must say one; just ONE! Okay I'll go first (but realize this is subject to change at any given moment after this day is over, giggles):

Pineapple

There are so many quilt patterns that I like (even love), but boy oh boy has that design smitten me upon first sight!

Okay, you say what?

Cheers,

Lyric
    sigpic

http://www.sewlyricallyvintage.wordpress.com

"Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!" ~ Angel Bear

Re: Q.O.D. - wanna play?

Double Wedding Ring

Comment

Hi Suzy:

I adore DWR too. I am new to learning to quilt (as in November, right) and saw it shortly after deciding to learn. Sew, there I was all ready to make one. Then, I read posts about them and how difficult they are, blah, blah. Was advised to begin with some ones for assured success first. Now, I have taken the advice, but in the back of my head I am saying, "Yeah, but I'm gonna make one now JUST 'CAUSE yaw'll say it's hard!" Giggles. Wonder when that'll be though? Double giggles.

Get this, I'm such a wuss, I've completed my first quilt and I've been too chicken to post it here!

Originally posted by SuzyQue View Post
      Double Wedding Ring
      sigpic

"Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!" ~ Angel Bear

Comment

Right now it's the Hunters Star. I really didn't know about it until the group popped up. I googled images and feel in love with a multi colored one. I can see doing that pattern more than once.
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

Ditto on Double Wedding Ring. I doubt I will ever be able to make one, but love to look at them. Don't be afraid to post a picture of your quilt , let us see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
            Right now it's the Hunters Star. I really didn't know about it until the group popped up. I googled images and feel in love with a multi colored one. I can see doing that pattern more than once.
            HulaM, had to look that one up. Yeah, uh huh, I'm ooohing and ahhing!

Lavender HS Quilt.jpgMulti HS Quilt.jpg

As I spy the quilting on the lavender one, I am SMH at how folk could judge machine quilting less than stellar. And yah, I plan on hand quilting (perle cotton no. 8) most of mine, but thank gawd I know beauty when I see it. Love the quilting on that one.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by slg0522 View Post
              Ditto on Double Wedding Ring. I doubt I will ever be able to make one, but love to look at them. Don't be afraid to post a picture of your quilt , let us see it.
              , SLG; I will. Actually, I want to wash it a couple of times (per the instructions). It is a baby rag quilt. I am sew excited. And I know my upcoming granddaughter couldn't care less about seams not matching . Gotta get my hiney to the laundromat and off line so I can put it up on my blog. Thanks for saying so though. Stay tuned, sugah!

You know, would be cool to have a "Quilt-A-Long" and make the DWR; ya think? Then, as a group effort it might not seem so daunting to some folk. I'm jus' sayin'.
              sigpic

Comment

You should join the group. It's not closed yet
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

Definitely the Hunter's Star at the moment (subject to change ) I would love to do the block swap that's up right now, but I have to be realistic about my available time at the moment...

Comment

This is mine. It's one of my UFO's. I have no willpower, and spend all my quilting money on fabrics instead of 11 yards of the fusible that's needed. I've promised myself it'll be finished this year though. I have pale blue and browns for it.

Enchanted Emerald City Quilt Pattern by Linda Everhart of Among Friends

Comment

Uwww, I can imagine some fancy cute quilting on this baby, StarLover. I hope it makes it to your first half of the year stack versus last.

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                      This is mine. It's one of my UFO's. I have no willpower, and spend all my quilting money on fabrics instead of 11 yards of the fusible that's needed. I've promised myself it'll be finished this year though. I have pale blue and browns for it.

Enchanted Emerald City Quilt Pattern by Linda Everhart of Among Friends
                      sigpic

Comment

The wonky star. My new fav.

Comment

Mine is the log cabin as there are many different layout options.
                          Wendy
                          http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

I love anything with flying geese! Love, love, love to piece geese!
                            Piecing on Bernina 820
                            Longarm quilting on APQS Millenium

Please visit me at
                            My Blog "Peachy Pages".

sigpic

Comment

Right now - I am loving the Dresden plate quilt (made with polka dots). The Hunters Star and Log Cabin are also super great!

Comment

Working...
                              X