How Many Quilting Templates Own You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Many Quilting Templates Own You?

Sugar just pulled my coat tail to Make a Spiderweb Quilt with the Wacky Web Template - YouTube and of course now I want yet another template. At last count templates that are on my list:
    1. Pineapple
    2. Wacky Web
    3. DWR

I just might have to do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDMQyerht9E.

Not being able to draw a straight line attracts me to templates too. They're so neat and nifty. What about you?

Cheers,

Lyric
    sigpic

http://www.sewlyricallyvintage.wordpress.com

"Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!" ~ Angel Bear

Re: How Many Quilting Templates Own You?

I refuse to count them on the grounds it could incriminate me for something.......
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Don't have any as of yet. I have bought 5 or 6 or maybe 10 rulers of different size and shape though. I will start on templates someday.

Comment

Originally posted by BobW View Post
        Don't have any as of yet. I have bought 5 or 6 or maybe 10 rulers of different size and shape though. I will start on templates someday.
        Oh honey, we won't even begin to discuss rulers. I found out day 1, lesson 1 that I needed a gazillion rulers to quilt "properly". The June Tailor one, that costs $1,000,000 (not really); I am STILL drooling over that baby. Ya know, it's like I am feeling like I MUST have it.

Oh, oh, and the ruler I saw for making scallops. Okaaaay, to die for! My quilting teacher nay-nays almost 100% of the things I see online that I run to her with the "I HAVE to have this" look in my eyes. She says she uses a plate. That worked for me for all of about a day or two. I'm back to, "I've gotta have that make scallops on my quilt" ruler thingy.
        sigpic

http://www.sewlyricallyvintage.wordpress.com

"Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!" ~ Angel Bear

Comment

I told myself that I am not allowed to buy any new templates until I use the ones I've already purchased. So far, I have the mini charm tumbler, regular charm tumbler, and a wedge template. I haven't used any of them even once yet. Eek!
          Lori

Comment

I don't buy many templates. I have the large and small tumblers and the large and small half hexies, and a couple more. I do more with rulers than templates. When I need a square ruler I go to the glass shop and have them cut me on from 1/8" Plexiglas for about $4. It saves me a bundle. I also have them drill a hole in them so they can hang on a hook or nail. PS I forgot that I also have the EZ Dresden template/ruler and LOVE it!
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I have nine. Three of those are the tumbler in different sizes. Three other templates I got for free.

Now as far as rulers, there are twelve. And the reason for so many rulers was I found two 4 packs of rulers on sale that it was cheaper to get them as a set than to buy the 2 individual rulers that I was wanting.

Comment

I only have two. Tumbler and mini tumbler. Got the mini tumbler free with an MSQC order. For the most part I think templates are overpriced for what they are.

Comment

Oh, then you certainly don't want to check out Perfect Patchwork Templates at From Marti featuring Quilting with The Perfect Patchwork System
                  I have A,B,C,&D with the supplemental Storm @ Sea packet, the Strippers, and I want a few more. Talk about simplifying your quilting! I have the first three volumes of her Perfect Patchwork encyclopedias too. I love these things!

I also have a mini-tumbler, the half hexi, and the wacky web ones from M*. There are a few others in the box I have been gifted over the years. one day I m ay get to using them. For now, the Marti Michell ones get the most use.
                  Be who you are and say what you feel
                  because those who mind don't matter,
                  and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
                    I refuse to count them on the grounds it could incriminate me for something.......
                    Ditto!!! I totally agree
                    Karen
                    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I'm with Pat on this one!!
                      Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                      I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

I, like Cathy, have a few packs of the Marti Michelle templates and just last week I bought the ones for the pineapple block. The template before that one, I bought the Fat Cat, which is basically a dresden template, but a bit different.....oh, I'm glad I'm not home to open my drawer and list them all!
                        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

way too many to count!!
                          sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                          Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                          Sigmund Freud

Comment

You guys are such wimps were you can't admit your addiction. I have about 14, but some are sets. Rulers about 7. I bought a Set from Nancy Zieman called trace and quilt. It has 4 sizes of tumblers and 4 sizes of half hexis. The tumblers are more skinny than the ones from here. They are on two plastic templets. You don't cut them apart. I quess the Nancy templets brought it up to 16. But there are four on each ,so I won't get technical.

So I have come forth lol
                            Last edited by Hulamoon; March 25, 2014, 04:28 PM.
                            🌺 Lorie

Comment

Hmm...I am too lazy to go look, but let's see if I get close to naming them all:

Tumbler (3 sizes)
                              Half Hexi (2 sizes) - have only used the large one so far
                              Wedge for layer cakes
                              dresden plate (I think I have 2 different ones)
                              mini one for the wacky web - forget the name of it, looks like a kite
                              Drunkard's path - might have this in 2 sizes
                              Kaleidoscope template from Marty Mitchell

We won't talk about the accuquilt go and the dies I have for it.........
                              Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Working...
                              X