Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Block for finding Items on an I Spy quilt....Interesting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Block for finding Items on an I Spy quilt....Interesting!

Serving Pink Lemonade: How To Add an Image Onto Fabric Using Your Ink Jet Printer

I traveling some blogs, I found this for those that make I Spy quilts....she tells how to print the items to find on a block and include it with other squares on the quilt..I think I will give this a try on the I Spy I am making.. I hadn't thought about it other than the person looking just looks and finds an image and then says "I Spy with my little eye....:. But this way...those that can read, can be sure to find all things instead of the same ones all the time cause there is so many on the quilt. What do you think?
    Cheri

www.fabricandmemories.blogspot.com

Re: Block for finding Items on an I Spy quilt....Interesting!

I think that is a great idea! You could intentionally put some specific fussy cut, I spy squares here and there in the quilt, to let them find harder items too. I really like this idea.
    sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Sheri View Post
      I think that is a great idea! You could intentionally put some specific fussy cut, I spy squares here and there in the quilt, to let them find harder items too. I really like this idea.
      I know! It is, isn't it!?! I am going to include this in my I Spy quilt, I will make a list of the block images before I sew them together and then make blocks like this and include one every now and then in the quilt...if for no other reason than for ME to be able to do the calling and not mention the same thing more than once!
      Cheri

Comment

Looks promising!! I've printed on the fabric sheets you buy only I have tons of freezer paper

Comment

Love that idea!!

Comment

Originally posted by Davidsgirl08 View Post
            Looks promising!! I've printed on the fabric sheets you buy only I have tons of freezer paper
            I've used both too...but I just used a 50% off coupon at Joann's for the fabric paper...10 sheets for $10 and 50% off is $5 so dealing withe freezer paper is more trouble than it is worth at that price. I saw a video somewhere that used freezer paper for strip piecing, instead of that speciality tear away paper. I Might look into using it for that some day!
            Cheri

Comment

Working...
            X