replied
    Re: Lakeland Sew Expo was today

And here it is ...

solids quilt.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Claire Hallman
    replied

I love that one on the right but the other one is happy, too. The bright colors just sing, don't they.
    My guild is renting a bus and going to the Chattanooga show and I am really looking forward to it.
    A friend and I are going to Paducah, too, can't wait.

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

It should not be too hard to figure out, I just thought I'd check. May need to use up another of my jelly rolls!

Leave a comment:

• Navy Wife
    replied

AQS that puts on the Paducah show is expanding, and will have a show in Chattanooga in September. I haven't looked at the info yet, but plan to go and meet friends for an overnight. They are putting on about 5 shows this year. That would be 100 miles closer than Pigeon Forge. I haven't been to the Pigeon Forge one in 10 years or more. We're always in Florida! I hear it is really great.

Leave a comment:

• Kgrammiecaz
    replied

Originally posted by bubba View Post
    I just love that quilt on the right!!! Do you happen to know the name of it or the pattern?
    Sorry nO, I just snapped those two photos. They stood out to me and I did not want to forget them. It did say something about strip quilting above the line of quilts in that area. That caught my eye too as I need to use some of my jelly rolls and that second one is perfect for a bright color one. I am gonna try and figure it out

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

I just love that quilt on the right!!! Do you happen to know the name of it or the pattern?

Leave a comment:

• dwil23
    replied

Originally posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
    Donna. Thanks for the information. That is a great time of year for me to go. I would love to see Eleanor Burns as well. And hopefully it will be much more interesting than Florida

Yes, I hate I4 and because I live on the east side of Orlando by UCF, I normally do not have to travel it.
    LOL I travel it everyday. My new house is just off of I-4 in Plant City and I work at the Tampa airport. But, no traffic lights between home and work, either way. I-4 in Orlando is much worse, though - and all those tolls!

I love Eleanor, too, but I don't see her on next years schedule either. Maybe it is not complete?

Leave a comment:

• Kgrammiecaz
    replied

Donna. Thanks for the information. That is a great time of year for me to go. I would love to see Eleanor Burns as well. And hopefully it will be much more interesting than Florida

Yes, I hate I4 and because I live on the east side of Orlando by UCF, I normally do not have to travel it.

Leave a comment:

• dwil23
    replied

Boy do I agree with the traffic thing. I was stuck on the other end of I-4 trying to get from Tampa to Plant City - a 20 minute drive took 2 and half hours. My friend had decided not to go to the Expo, so I didn't either. We went last year, and I agree with your reviews completely. It was okay. Not great, just okay and it didn't bother me to miss it this year. Maybe next year.

As far as next year - I follow Bonnie Hunter's blog and she has been at a big event in Pigeon Forge this past week. I looked at the schedule for next year, but doesn't look like she is scheduled to be there.

Here's the link to her blog:

Quiltville's Quips & Snips!!: Day #4 Part 1: Boxy Stars in Pigeon Forge!

here's the Mountain Quiltfest brochure:

http://www.mypigeonforge.com/pdf/QuiltfestTriFold.pdf
    Last edited by dwil23; March 22, 2014, 11:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied

Originally posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]71617[/ATTACH]
    I really like this one! Gives me some idea of what to do with my primary colors jelly rolls.

Sorry you didn't have a better time. I swear sometimes going out into traffic for anything just isn't worth it anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Kgrammiecaz
    replied

Originally posted by Navy Wife View Post
    I went also. I think we were expecting more of a quilt show and less of the expo idea. It's really just a place for vendors to sell their wares and demonstrate new products. There were classes, but you had to sign up ahead of time. I went to a couple of the demos, and they were very interesting. A lot of the demos and vendors were more for sewing clothing than quilts. I was there from 10 to 3, and could have stayed longer.
    I think you may have hit on why I was not too caring about seeing more. I did not see many great fabric, maybe there were more on other side. I did see lots to do with clothing. And yes, mostly just like having all the stores in one place instead of driving around.

I would love to hear if anyone thought there is one place that does it best. I will put that on my calendar for next year and make a trip of it

Leave a comment:

• Navy Wife
    replied

I went also. I think we were expecting more of a quilt show and less of the expo idea. It's really just a place for vendors to sell their wares and demonstrate new products. There were classes, but you had to sign up ahead of time. I went to a couple of the demos, and they were very interesting. A lot of the demos and vendors were more for sewing clothing than quilts. I was there from 10 to 3, and could have stayed longer.

Leave a comment:

• Miss Sheri
    replied

Karen, I like those two you are showing too. Bright and bold. Sounds like it had potential to be awesome, but turned out, 'nice'. Glad you made it worth YOUR while.

Leave a comment:

• Kgrammiecaz
    started a topic Lakeland Sew Expo was today

Lakeland Sew Expo was today

image.jpgimage.jpg

So, I drove over an hour and a half on a highway I hate where there were two accidents and I could,have biked there quicker

Got there paid 8 for parking, 12 to get in, 22 for goody bag. There were only three or so hours left to the expo

Above are two quilts I really liked. I walked around the one exhibit hall, found a few items I wanted. Then I tried out the Babylock Aria and I already loved it from reading about it, now I really love it

So, before the end of the year I am going dipping in my retirement fund to buy it. I am hoping the price will come down a bit. They had it for 2799 before taxes

Then I figured I had already spent more than I planned so. I did not even go to the other exhibit hall. I was there less than an hour hahahahaha.

My drive home was just one hour thank goodness

Not sure it was worth the trip. I liked the Denver one I went to two years ago. But people were really nice in Lakeland. Everyone acts like they know each other. Its was awesome

Thanks for reading my itty bitty adventure
Working...
X