Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lakeland Sew Expo was today

image.jpgimage.jpg

So, I drove over an hour and a half on a highway I hate where there were two accidents and I could,have biked there quicker

Got there paid 8 for parking, 12 to get in, 22 for goody bag. There were only three or so hours left to the expo

Above are two quilts I really liked. I walked around the one exhibit hall, found a few items I wanted. Then I tried out the Babylock Aria and I already loved it from reading about it, now I really love it

So, before the end of the year I am going dipping in my retirement fund to buy it. I am hoping the price will come down a bit. They had it for 2799 before taxes

Then I figured I had already spent more than I planned so. I did not even go to the other exhibit hall. I was there less than an hour hahahahaha.

My drive home was just one hour thank goodness

Not sure it was worth the trip. I liked the Denver one I went to two years ago. But people were really nice in Lakeland. Everyone acts like they know each other. Its was awesome

Thanks for reading my itty bitty adventure
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Re: Lakeland Sew Expo was today

Karen, I like those two you are showing too. Bright and bold. Sounds like it had potential to be awesome, but turned out, 'nice'. Glad you made it worth YOUR while.
    sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

I went also. I think we were expecting more of a quilt show and less of the expo idea. It's really just a place for vendors to sell their wares and demonstrate new products. There were classes, but you had to sign up ahead of time. I went to a couple of the demos, and they were very interesting. A lot of the demos and vendors were more for sewing clothing than quilts. I was there from 10 to 3, and could have stayed longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Navy Wife View Post
        I went also. I think we were expecting more of a quilt show and less of the expo idea. It's really just a place for vendors to sell their wares and demonstrate new products. There were classes, but you had to sign up ahead of time. I went to a couple of the demos, and they were very interesting. A lot of the demos and vendors were more for sewing clothing than quilts. I was there from 10 to 3, and could have stayed longer.
        I think you may have hit on why I was not too caring about seeing more. I did not see many great fabric, maybe there were more on other side. I did see lots to do with clothing. And yes, mostly just like having all the stores in one place instead of driving around.

I would love to hear if anyone thought there is one place that does it best. I will put that on my calendar for next year and make a trip of it
        Karen

Comment

Originally posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]71617[/ATTACH]
          I really like this one! Gives me some idea of what to do with my primary colors jelly rolls.

Sorry you didn't have a better time. I swear sometimes going out into traffic for anything just isn't worth it anymore.
          K is for Karen 😊​..................
          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
          T - is it TRUE?
          H - is it HELPFUL?
          I - is it INSPIRING?
          N - is it NECESSARY?
          K - is it KIND?

Comment

Boy do I agree with the traffic thing. I was stuck on the other end of I-4 trying to get from Tampa to Plant City - a 20 minute drive took 2 and half hours. My friend had decided not to go to the Expo, so I didn't either. We went last year, and I agree with your reviews completely. It was okay. Not great, just okay and it didn't bother me to miss it this year. Maybe next year.

As far as next year - I follow Bonnie Hunter's blog and she has been at a big event in Pigeon Forge this past week. I looked at the schedule for next year, but doesn't look like she is scheduled to be there.

Here's the link to her blog:

Quiltville's Quips & Snips!!: Day #4 Part 1: Boxy Stars in Pigeon Forge!

here's the Mountain Quiltfest brochure:

http://www.mypigeonforge.com/pdf/QuiltfestTriFold.pdf
            Last edited by dwil23; March 22, 2014, 11:07 PM.
            Donna

Comment

Donna. Thanks for the information. That is a great time of year for me to go. I would love to see Eleanor Burns as well. And hopefully it will be much more interesting than Florida

Yes, I hate I4 and because I live on the east side of Orlando by UCF, I normally do not have to travel it.
              Karen

Comment

Originally posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
                Donna. Thanks for the information. That is a great time of year for me to go. I would love to see Eleanor Burns as well. And hopefully it will be much more interesting than Florida

Yes, I hate I4 and because I live on the east side of Orlando by UCF, I normally do not have to travel it.
                LOL I travel it everyday. My new house is just off of I-4 in Plant City and I work at the Tampa airport. But, no traffic lights between home and work, either way. I-4 in Orlando is much worse, though - and all those tolls!

I love Eleanor, too, but I don't see her on next years schedule either. Maybe it is not complete?
                Donna

Comment

I just love that quilt on the right!!! Do you happen to know the name of it or the pattern?
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
                    I just love that quilt on the right!!! Do you happen to know the name of it or the pattern?
                    Sorry nO, I just snapped those two photos. They stood out to me and I did not want to forget them. It did say something about strip quilting above the line of quilts in that area. That caught my eye too as I need to use some of my jelly rolls and that second one is perfect for a bright color one. I am gonna try and figure it out
                    Karen

Comment

AQS that puts on the Paducah show is expanding, and will have a show in Chattanooga in September. I haven't looked at the info yet, but plan to go and meet friends for an overnight. They are putting on about 5 shows this year. That would be 100 miles closer than Pigeon Forge. I haven't been to the Pigeon Forge one in 10 years or more. We're always in Florida! I hear it is really great.

Comment

It should not be too hard to figure out, I just thought I'd check. May need to use up another of my jelly rolls!
                        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I love that one on the right but the other one is happy, too. The bright colors just sing, don't they.
                          My guild is renting a bus and going to the Chattanooga show and I am really looking forward to it.
                          A friend and I are going to Paducah, too, can't wait.

Comment

And here it is ...

solids quilt.jpg
                            K is for Karen 😊​..................
                            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                            T - is it TRUE?
                            H - is it HELPFUL?
                            I - is it INSPIRING?
                            N - is it NECESSARY?
                            K - is it KIND?

Comment

Working...
                            X