janome 6600 ; (

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

janome 6600 ; (

I think my janome 6600 bit the dust. I got an E1 error message about a month ago and after looking it up on the internet found it should be a blown fuse. Also said fuse is deep within the machine. Took it to my Local SMG and he has had it for a month. Today I was getting fed up with him having it so long and went to see what is going on. He is VERY hard to get hold of.
    The machine was all apart on his bench and he said all the fuses look good, and 1of them is a car fuse. HUH???/ I bought this used about 2 years ago from a sewing center, so it was a trade in. Best we can figure is whoever traded it in changed the fuse and then got rid of it. If it isn't the fuse then it is most likely the mother board. I don't know how much that will cost, but I'm sure it's not cheap.
    Since I just bought the Brother Dream Creator I really don't want to shell out big bucks to get this fixed. I told the SMG to just put it back together and I would pick it up and decide what to do. Don't know why he kept it for a month before telling me this.
    Now I don't know what to do. Guess I will do a little research to see if I can find out how much it will cost to replace the mother board. : (
    Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Re: janome 6600 ; (

Major bummer!!! So sorry for you, but at least you have another machine.
    May the road rise up to meet you...
    May the wind be always at your back...
    May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
    Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

I had the mother board replaced in my Pfaff about 10 or 12 years ago and it cost right around $200.00. Your Janome is still fairly new and still in production(?) so it could be less. Mine was old when it had to be fixed and the part was harder to find.
      K is for Karen 😊​..................
      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
      T - is it TRUE?
      H - is it HELPFUL?
      I - is it INSPIRING?
      N - is it NECESSARY?
      K - is it KIND?

Comment

I've decided to take it back to the sewing center that I bought if from and have them check it over. I only paid $600 for it and don't want to put more than about $200 in it.
        Guess I will wait till I get it back from LSMG and then take it up. He has to reassemble it. He knows I want it back NOW. I was not a happy camper with his communication skills. Sewing center is about 20 miles, so it is worth the trip.
        Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

Working...
        X