Background color question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Background color question

I bought the DD the other day, https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...nes-jelly-roll the gem tones jelly roll because I want to make the Summer in the Park quilt. I will need to purchase some yardage to cut into 2 1/2" strips, but what color would coordinate best? White, off-white, cream, ash, or something else? I want to make a queen size quilt for a man's bedroom. Would love any & all suggestions.

Make a "Summer in the Park" Quilt Using Jelly Rolls - YouTube

Re: Background color question

Those are some pretty rich colors. Very pretty. How about a grey? I'm thinking a white would scream out to much.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

I love black with those bright colors......

Comment

Black would look great. Really pop the brightness of the colors.
        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
        sigpic

Comment

I'm for black, too. Always looks good with "rainbow" colours!

Comment

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...id-tan-yardage

Something like this would work as well.
            K is for Karen 😊​..................
            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
            T - is it TRUE?
            H - is it HELPFUL?
            I - is it INSPIRING?
            N - is it NECESSARY?
            K - is it KIND?

Comment

I would use black or gray. I think the black would focus attention on the colors of the quilt and make them pop. There seems to be black in most of the fabric so it would tie together.

Comment

Dark grey or black would frame it nicely.

Comment

Here you go, already cut for you: https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...ntials+Precuts
                  Vonnie

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions, I don't know if I would want all that black on the quilt. The dark grey would be nice, but I think the textured tan would work best in the current bedroom colors. I am really leaning towards that one!

Comment

It's kind of funny how the universe speaks out sometimes! While I was still deciding which color I wanted to use as the background after some very nice suggestions here, I unpacked some new books (service guides) at work. I was quite surprised to see that they are a silver gray color! I took that as a sign, & decided my background color should be gray. Now the DD comes up as a gray jelly roll. https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/dailydeal I hemmed and hawed for about one minute and then purchased it! So that will be my quilt. I still have a couple of projects in the works, but I'm so looking forward to putting this one all together.

Comment

I got the Kona coal roll up in the mail the other day; it's a bit darker than I thought it would be, but it will work just fine. If my math is correct, my quilt top will be much smaller than the queen size I was going for. Of course, I can add borders but I just noticed that there is no yardage available for the Gem Tones jelly roll! I'm thinking a piano key border would like nice; maybe I can just get solids from JoAnn's and make one from that. I guess after I have all the blocks done and squared up I will see what I need to add. I'm also going to depart from Natalie's tutorial and make a scrappy Summer In the Park. She made the block out of the same strip; I rather like the look of when you mix them up and then sew them together. The cover of the pattern they sell shows that variation.

Comment

Working...
                        X