water bottle for iron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

water bottle for iron

I posted this before, but we have had so many newbies over the last year that I thought it post worthy again. The no mess way to add water to your iron. I usually can fill my iron about 3 times before emptying the bottle. I have several sitting on the shelf ready to go.

iron.jpg iron 1.jpg
    Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Re: water bottle for iron

Great Idea!!!
    It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!

www.memoryquiltsbyklasien.nl

Comment

Excellent - going to Wal-Mart later - I will put this on the shopping list. Thanks!

Also, don't use tap water. Use bottled water. My steam iron manual does not recommend tap water. I guess it's all that stuff that's added to it accumulates inside the iron.
      Vonnie

Comment

Wow - that looks just like my iron!
        Vonnie

Comment

I just got that iron about a month ago. I LOVE that iron. It is cordless and has lots of steam and lasts long enough for me to press open about 50 HST's. Best $60 I've spent in a while.
          Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

Mines a Panasonic I bought from Amazon for about the same price. I love mine too! I don't miss that cord at all!

I remember my mother telling me that it was her and her younger sister's job to do all the ironing because they were too little to help in the field (farming). She was 9 and her sister 7 left home alone. They had two cast iron irons that they kept on top of their stove to keep hot and would switch them back and forth. Can you imagine what CPS would make of that in this day? They also had to cook supper and have it ready for their mother and older siblings when they came in. I would never let a 9 year old keep a wood burning stove going without very close supervision if at all!
            Vonnie

Comment

looks like my cordless panasonic iron! I have had mine for about a month now and I LOVE it. best thing I ever did. Great idea.
              sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
              Time spent with cats is never wasted.
              Sigmund Freud

Comment

Neat idea. I think I have one.
                ~ Tracy

Comment

That is a wonderful idea, I'm going to adopt it.
                  sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

I keep a bottle of water on my table too! Lol I like to think I'm recycling!

Comment

Great Idea...
                      TFS !!!!!
                      bopeep
                      sigpic

Comment

This is a great idea and I also love the iron will have to look into one.

Comment

Brilliant !!!!! I'm also putting that on my Walmart list!! I keep a water bottle on my pressing table but as you can imagine I usually get more water on the pressing mat then in the iron !! Thanks for reporting the tip for us newbies xo ...Patti

Comment

Thank you for sharing. I think I have one of those bottles somewhere in my house. Just have to find it. lol

Comment

Holy smokes! That's brilliant and this newbie is very thankful you shared
                              Renee

Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle ~ Plato:)

Comment

Working...
                              X