No announcement yet.

YAY! Hinterberg quiilting kit! and a question about design for hand quilters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YAY! Hinterberg quiilting kit! and a question about design for hand quilters

So I've been wanting to quilt "The Witch" for a while now but no way I can do it on my wee machine. I've decided to attempt hand quilting it by myself (since I have NO friends who would come and "BEE" with me ) . I picked up the Hinterberg frame kit (Hinterberg Design Quilting Products - Detail1 - EBF - Easy Build Quilt Frame Kit - Products - Hinterberg Design Quilting Products) on Kijiji for like $80! My DH is going to try and make it for me this weekend...although he had his tonsils out two weeks ago and is only JUST starting to eat solid food and get some energy back so we will see. I'm off to buy all the lumber and supplies we need though after work in case he feels up to it! If not, I may just attempt it myself! LOL!

Wish me luck! My first attempt at hand quilting and it's a king! uhg.

Can I ask, how do you all prepare the quilting design for hand quilting? Do you lay it all out and mark it with a pencil prior? Or do you load the quilt on the frame and mark as you go? Or do you just do one "block" at a time? Also...is it difficult to rip out once you have started? I was originally going to SITD first and then do a pattern so did a few blocks...now I don't want to do that so have to rip it out. Any suggestions for making that easier? TIA! xox
Working...
X