Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today's Exploding Block Tutorial - What do you Think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's Exploding Block Tutorial - What do you Think?

I just watched the latest tut. on the Exploding Block. What do you think? That Jenny is so great. I don't know how she comes up with all these new ideas. I liked the fabrics in the baby quilt better than the demo on the wall. It keeps us busy trying them all! JCY

Re: Today's Exploding Block Tutorial - What do you Think?

Using a scissors twice on 99 blocks is somewhat of a deal breaker for me! I did love the baby quilt, because I'm not a Civil War color lover. At first, seeing the cut off points threw me off. In Words I've heard from Jenny's mouth, " we don't die over it,". So that ceased to be a big deal for me.

As usual, Jenny is a rock star!

Comment

I really like the tutorial...and I am a fan of the Civil War prints. I agree...so many ideas...so little time!
      Judy

Comment

I loved the block but I cant imagine cutting all of those with scissors....Nonetheless I am sure I will make one And that baby one was so cute

Comment

I found it quite interesting as well! That said, losing the points would make me crazy, and so would all that scissor cutting!
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

It's a new tutorial, not a new pattern. I made the same pattern about 2 years ago. It was out as a fake pineapple layout.

fake pineapple closeup.jpg

fake pineapple.jpg

This quilt was an experiment in FMQ for me. Never going to use thread that thick again.
            K is for Karen 😊​..................
            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
            T - is it TRUE?
            H - is it HELPFUL?
            I - is it INSPIRING?
            N - is it NECESSARY?
            K - is it KIND?

Comment

Awesome technique and I love the quilts, but doubt I'd have the patience for it either, lol.
              I'm not a complete idiot.....some pieces are missing!
              Lorraine

Comment

Really love that tutorial. I will be making that but brighter colors.
                April

Comment

That is exactly what I saw it as, a kinda pineapple quilt! I'm glad someone else did too!
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
                    I found it quite interesting as well! That said, losing the points would make me crazy, and so would all that scissor cutting!
                    I find losing the points tolerable...I do it quite easily without using this pattern!
                    Judy

Comment

I love the new tut! The way I look at it, when I get to the scissor part I will just turn on my tv and watch a movie while I snip away.

Comment

I have the patience to make this. It bothers me somewhat to lose the points but I think I can overcome it. My points are ever perfect anyway and that stresses me out, too. I would rather adjust to the new pattern than be picking out missing points.
                        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I like it, not a fan of civil war prints, but I do love the baby quilt. I also don't like the fact that points are lost in the square, that would drive me insane!
                          "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
                          :D

Comment

Don't mind the lost points but the scissor cutting is probably a deal breaker for me. Loved the idea for the tut and although I'm not a fan of Civil War fabrics, I did love the baby quilt. As always, Jenny shines!

Comment

I have just recently gotten pretty good about having points so not too interested in losing them on purpose. I also have a civil war fabric quilt made and sandwiched but having a hard time deciding how to quilt it, specially since I don't really like it.
                              Of course I did enjoy seeing Jenny this morning.

Comment

Working...
                              X