• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BobW
    replied
    Re: New question for 2014 Fall Forum get together

Originally posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
    Thanks much. I appreciate and I think you are right. And it will sure be great to meet everyone
    We'll have to figure out how to get you from the airport to Cameron. But that isn't that far. I'm sure someone can pick you up.

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern
    replied

Smithville Lake is a great bass fishery, if he is in to that kind of fishing.
    Originally posted by Mimis-quilts View Post
    I'm really hoping to make it this year...is there a lake nearby that Carl could go fishing? He won't mind coming with me, but won't want to hang out all day talking and making quilts.

Leave a comment:

• Kgrammiecaz
    replied

Originally posted by BobW View Post
    If it works out and I get to go, I'll be staying in Cameron at one of the hotels. I'll be driving back and forth and probably some others will also. Someone would give you a ride.
    Thanks much. I appreciate and I think you are right. And it will sure be great to meet everyone

Leave a comment:

• Miss Sheri
    replied

Aaaagh, I can't even express how much I would LOVE to go. Not going to happen, until I can have a minor miracle, and my DH decides to support my quilting habits, so far he feels like he is competing with my quilting time. Beyond that, as of this fall I will be supporting TWO son's on two year church missions, and that is a huge chunk of money every month. Soooo, I will watch eagerly every day to see your pictures and hear your updates, and live vicariously through all of you. Have fun, be safe, and love every moment.

Leave a comment:

• BobW
    replied

Oh ok thank you. I would love to meet all of you, but it will depend on the date as to whether I can get a couple days off from work. I am a terrible roommate, so if the rooms downstairs are not available, I figured I would stay at a close hotel and take a cab to the center
    If it works out and I get to go, I'll be staying in Cameron at one of the hotels. I'll be driving back and forth and probably some others will also. Someone would give you a ride.

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

I'm really hoping to make it this year...is there a lake nearby that Carl could go fishing? He won't mind coming with me, but won't want to hang out all day talking and making quilts.
    There are lakes nearby, but a bit of a drive. Smithville Resorvoir is near Kensington's house, maybe she can tell you about it. Swan Lake Wildlife preserve is east of Hamilton, about 50 miles away. I just found these on Google maps don't knw about them personally.

Leave a comment:

• Simply Quilting
    replied

There is one just west of Trenton, MO at Crowder State Park. Jamesport, MO use to have a reservoir to fish in. Further away is Mozingo Lake at Maryville, MO and there is also the Smithville Lake at Smithville, MO. And I know that there are several ponds around but I don't anyone personally who would be able to take him to their private pond. Jamesport is just up the road where there are a variety of stores he could browse through. Also there is the hardware store in Hamilton to hang out in and some other stores in Hamilton.

Leave a comment:

• Mimis-quilts
    replied

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied

Oops. Maybe when I retire I can do standup. NOT. That would be great if someone would get me or i hitch a ride with others who may be at the same hotel. Thanks Karen. p.s. Its ok to laugh I dont mind
    Honestly I had the image of the Amish guy that sold us watermelons last year riding down the highway in his wagon to pick you up. It really is rather rural. I think Hamilton has less than 3000 people.

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

Originally posted by Sixtop View Post
    I can't wait to see the photos! There are no vacations in the Sixtop family until next year. The hubster is having double jaw surgery this year and I had double jaw surgery last year (crazy, crazy life). We haven't had a vacation since 2010.
    Check out the photos from 2013, the group puctures are still available.

Sorry you won't be able to come!

Leave a comment:

• Sixtop
    replied

I can't wait to see the photos! There are no vacations in the Sixtop family until next year. The hubster is having double jaw surgery this year and I had double jaw surgery last year (crazy, crazy life). We haven't had a vacation since 2010.

Leave a comment:

• Kgrammiecaz
    replied

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
    Ok, really, I'm trying so hard not to laugh. I'm not sure if Cameron or Hamilton could support a cab between the two of them. I'm sure if you make it and have to stay at a hotel, someone would make the 10 mile run to bring you in.
    Oops. Maybe when I retire I can do standup. NOT. That would be great if someone would get me or i hitch a ride with others who may be at the same hotel. Thanks Karen. p.s. Its ok to laugh I dont mind

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

Oh ok thank you. I would love to meet all of you, but it will depend on the date as to whether I can get a couple days off from work. I am a terrible roommate, so if the rooms downstairs are not available, I figured I would stay at a close hotel and take a cab to the center
    Karen, since you are going to fly, how do you plan on getting to Hamilton? It is in a rural part of the state, about 60 miles from Kansas City. I don't think there will be public transportation available ( i.e. cabs). If you stay in Cameron, many stayed at the Comfort Inn. You might need to rent a car to travel to Hamilton.

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied

Ok, really, I'm trying so hard not to laugh. I'm not sure if Cameron or Hamilton could support a cab between the two of them. I'm sure if you make it and have to stay at a hotel, someone would make the 10 mile run to bring you in.

Leave a comment:

• Kgrammiecaz
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X