X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New question for 2014 Fall Forum get together

Originally posted by BobW View Post
    Karen,

I love to drive and so jumping in the car and making a mad dash for Hamilton is something I would do if I really, really needed something right away. I have been known to drive to Kansas City for dinner or lunch and since I'm retired now I have the free to time to do crazy things like that.
    Originally posted by songbird857 View Post
    Wish I could come - 1300 miles is a bit too far
    Originally posted by Gina View Post
    I would love to come to meet everyone too! It would be almost a 10 hour drive for me...Maybe one day!
    Bob, I understand. There's nothing quite like a road trip, which is one reason I drove from Albuquerque to Hamilton last fall.

You other two - it's totally doable! I came from NM and Carol aka Snippet drove up from San Antonio, TX.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

Do most people stay at the retreat center or do some stay in Cameron/surrounding area or just drive in for one day?

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Quilting View Post
        Do most people stay at the retreat center or do some stay in Cameron/surrounding area or just drive in for one day?
        Last year it was all of the above.

Before you speak,
        T - is it TRUE?
        H - is it HELPFUL?
        I - is it INSPIRING?
        N - is it NECESSARY?
        K - is it KIND?

Comment

Thank you Karen. I'm not sure exactly what my game plan is going to be. My folks live close enough it is not a long drive if I stay with them. Of course, even the drive from home is not bad except for the gas prices. Then there are other things that I need to factor in as well. I do know I want to make it at least one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Gina View Post
            I would love to come to meet everyone too! It would be almost a 10 hour drive for me...Maybe one day!
            Some of you girls need to hook up to drive together. Karen and Snippet both drove a long way last year to come. Klasien came from the Netherlands!

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Quilting View Post
              I live 50 to 55 minutes away and I drove back and forth each day. Not doing that this year. Staying at least two nights and three days at the center.

Comment

Is this get together for one of the October retreats listed or are you all picking a date for this get together?
                Karen
                Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Originally posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
                  Is this get together for one of the October retreats listed or are you all picking a date for this get together?
                  By listed, do you mean the ones planned by MSQC? We are an independent group and our retreat is planned by the group, not MSQC.

Comment

No, it's not one of the listed retreats. We told them we were coming back this year and when, but I doubt it got written down in everyone's date book. Now we are trying to find out if and when Jenny would be available around the same time frame. We know she is booked from Oct 1 - 6 in Australia this year.

Before you speak,
                    T - is it TRUE?
                    H - is it HELPFUL?
                    I - is it INSPIRING?
                    N - is it NECESSARY?
                    K - is it KIND?

Comment

Do we know if she will be in Australia that whole week? I can't see her being gone for the birthday bash, whenever they are planning on celebrating that. They will be super busy that weekend. I'm going what ever the dates are. Hoping to get some insight soon though on what the game plan is.
                      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
                        Do we know if she will be in Australia that whole week? I can't see her being gone for the birthday bash, whenever they are planning on celebrating that. They will be super busy that weekend. I'm going what ever the dates are. Hoping to get some insight soon though on what the game plan is.
                        I have written to Little Jean and Al. As soon as I hear back from either of them, I will let you know!

I know if I were going to Australia ( 17 hours one way on n airplane), I wouldn't be staying for just a few days. I would want to tour!

And remember, the Birthday Bash was sort of moved to the weekend they had it to go with JC Penney days, don't know if either of these events are married to the first weekend in October. I think the opening of the retreat center last year, pushed by our group wanting to use it, sort of drove the planning to that weekend for the cataclismic clash of events!

This whole thing came up just 24 hours ago. An answer will be developed, but it will take time to evolve. Let's not panic and need the game plan right now, I think it will take time to get all the pieces to fit together.
                        Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; March 21, 2014, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Oh ok thank you. I would love to meet all of you, but it will depend on the date as to whether I can get a couple days off from work. I am a terrible roommate, so if the rooms downstairs are not available, I figured I would stay at a close hotel and take a cab to the center
                          Karen

Comment

Ok, really, I'm trying so hard not to laugh. I'm not sure if Cameron or Hamilton could support a cab between the two of them. I'm sure if you make it and have to stay at a hotel, someone would make the 10 mile run to bring you in.

Before you speak,
                            T - is it TRUE?
                            H - is it HELPFUL?
                            I - is it INSPIRING?
                            N - is it NECESSARY?
                            K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
                              Oh ok thank you. I would love to meet all of you, but it will depend on the date as to whether I can get a couple days off from work. I am a terrible roommate, so if the rooms downstairs are not available, I figured I would stay at a close hotel and take a cab to the center
                              Karen, since you are going to fly, how do you plan on getting to Hamilton? It is in a rural part of the state, about 60 miles from Kansas City. I don't think there will be public transportation available ( i.e. cabs). If you stay in Cameron, many stayed at the Comfort Inn. You might need to rent a car to travel to Hamilton.

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                                Ok, really, I'm trying so hard not to laugh. I'm not sure if Cameron or Hamilton could support a cab between the two of them. I'm sure if you make it and have to stay at a hotel, someone would make the 10 mile run to bring you in.
                                Oops. Maybe when I retire I can do standup. NOT. That would be great if someone would get me or i hitch a ride with others who may be at the same hotel. Thanks Karen. p.s. Its ok to laugh I dont mind
                                Karen

Comment

Working...
                                X