New question for 2014 Fall Forum get together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New question for 2014 Fall Forum get together

Check out new discussion, some plans are different, need your input!

Re: New question for 2014 Fall Forum get together

Jean,

Would a newbie fella (me) be welcome to come to the Fall Forum Get-Together or is it a girls only get together? I realize the retreat center is women only.

Comment

Bob, if you didn't show up I wouldn't go. There are plenty of hotels nearby for male quilters.
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Originally posted by BobW View Post
        Jean,

Would a newbie fella (me) be welcome to come to the Fall Forum Get-Together or is it a girls only get together? I realize the retreat center is women only.
        Bob, we would love to have you join us. Since the retreat center sleeping quarters are dorm style rooms, the men would have to stay at a motel. A bunch of us stayed at the Comfort Inn in Cameron, which is 10 miles down the road. Good prices, nice hotel and free breakfast! That worked out great. We'd love to have you join us, you'd have a ball!

Comment

I think he might live close enough to drive in from home. But yeah, no reason you can't come hang out with us !
          K is for Karen 😊​..................
          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
          T - is it TRUE?
          H - is it HELPFUL?
          I - is it INSPIRING?
          N - is it NECESSARY?
          K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
            I think he might live close enough to drive in from home. But yeah, no reason you can't come hang out with us !
            It's a good 100+ miles one way! I think he'd rather drive 10 miles to go to sleep.

Comment

Jefferson City is almost 3 hours from Hamilton. I wish I was closer. I'm going to try to make it.

Comment

Oh, I thought you were like 30 minutes away for some reason. I think it must have been seeing you say that you could run down to the store and pick up the Daily Deal if you wanted it.
                K is for Karen 😊​..................
                Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                T - is it TRUE?
                H - is it HELPFUL?
                I - is it INSPIRING?
                N - is it NECESSARY?
                K - is it KIND?

Comment

This is the big 65 for Don on October 4th - I'm saving my pennies to take the man away on a cruise, even if I have to sell my body on the corner. True it would be a long shot at "Change for a quarter rates!" but the man deserves a trip somewhere special. As much as he's supportive of my quilting and loves all of you M* family and friends...a Quilting Bee would not be a Grand 65th Birthday Party for Don the Beach Comber!!!

This is more his taste...
                  Don The Beach Comber.jpg
                  sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

If you quilt, like to look at quilts, heck, even if you just want to sit and chat, you should be able to come.
                    Be who you are and say what you feel
                    because those who mind don't matter,
                    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Oh, I thought you were like 30 minutes away for some reason. I think it must have been seeing you say that you could run down to the store and pick up the Daily Deal if you wanted it.
                      Karen,

I love to drive and so jumping in the car and making a mad dash for Hamilton is something I would do if I really, really needed something right away. I have been known to drive to Kansas City for dinner or lunch and since I'm retired now I have the free to time to do crazy things like that.

Comment

Wish I could come - 1300 miles is a bit too far

Comment

Yea.. Don!!!!! We did our first cruise to Bermuda in 2013,,, and my DH who hates to go anywhere is now chatting up going again... I'm a "beach/pool/anything with water" kinda' gal... I remember 65... it just keeps getting better.. if you can keep moving and balance the health thing!!!!
                          Originally posted by HandsOffItsMine View Post
                          This is the big 65 for Don on October 4th - I'm saving my pennies to take the man away on a cruise, even if I have to sell my body on the corner. True it would be a long shot at "Change for a quarter rates!" but the man deserves a trip somewhere special. As much as he's supportive of my quilting and loves all of you M* family and friends...a Quilting Bee would not be a Grand 65th Birthday Party for Don the Beach Comber!!!

This is more his taste...
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]71492[/ATTACH]
                          "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                          that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Bob,,, whenever we settle on the date.. would love to see you there.. newly retired... you must be lovin' it!! Look forward to seeing you there... I'm coming from Boston area.. now that I've found someone to travel with (Loonwatcher)...Nancy... and Sandy has already had me sign my name in Blood that I would come!!! Bring your dancing shoes... I hope they have a CD player!!!
                            "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                            that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

I would love to come to meet everyone too! It would be almost a 10 hour drive for me...Maybe one day!

Comment

Working...
                              X