New Machine, the winner is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Machine, the winner is...

Well, I had it narrowed down to a very nice Pfaff versus the Janome 12000 and ended up with...the Janome 8900 QPC. Haven't picked it up yet, but after going back in for a second look and try with the 12000, I have to say that although the price was great, I was afraid I would spend so much time learning about the machine and its features, I'd have little time left to actually sew!

I hadn't gone in looking for embroidery, but I think with the money I will not spend on the extra features, I will purchase a stand alone embroidery machine.

Most of all, I am happiest with the dealer, who is knowledgeable, well-established and has lots to offer in terms of upgrades, customer service, material, etc. Its funny, last year I only stumbled on this dealer when I was visiting another fabric shop in this smaller community. And, in the end, I was not just looking for a machine, I was looking for a dealer I felt a little more comfortable with. So I am happy about that piece as well.

I have read great reviews and I have read that some people aren't big fans of the 8900--but I have to say, I had read so many reviews, my head was starting to spin.

Now I just have to set a time aside to get her home and get her working. Thanks for the feedback on the machines I had posted about, they were very helpful!

Re: New Machine, the winner is...

Welcome from another 8900 owner, I've had mine for a month. I'm with you in deciding on a stand alone embroidery machine, that's what I will do when I decide to trade in my 12 year od Janome 10000. I did have a Janome 7700, so the learning curve to get the 8900 going was very small. Good luck with the new baby!

Comment

Congrats!! I have the Janome 7700 and LOVE this machine! I found the learning curve on it surprisingly easy. I hope you enjoy many, many years of quilting joy with your Janome!!
      Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

I have the 8900QCP now for a year and have no complaints. Enjoy your new machine.
        sigpic
        Hugs Ann

Comment

Congrats! Have fun with your new 'baby'

Comment

I've had the 8900 since last August and I love it. It does a great job with quilting and piecing.

Comment

Anyone have suggestions for a good stand alone embroidery machine that doesn't cost as much as a house payment?
              :icon_wave: Linda
              "Home is where they love you"

Comment

Congrats on the new machine. Have fun learning all the ins and outs.
                Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                sigpic

Comment

Congratulations. Enjoy your new machine

Comment

I've had my janome 8900 & have pieced 2 quilts on it so far. Did a little free motion with it okay. I love the extra harp space. So far I am in love with it. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.
                    Peggy:icon_hug:

Comment

Congrats on your new machine! I've heard a lot of great things about the 8900 and wouldn't think twice about purchasing it.
                      TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

I think you are wise to get a stand alone embroidery machine. I have been doing embroidery with my good machine, and it is taking several hours a pattern to do. That means I must so on my old machine unless I want to sit around waiting for the embroidery to finish.
                        Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

When I went to pick up my machine today, the man who was manning the store (everyone else at an embroidery event) said the same thing--although the 12000 is a great machine, its also nice to have the separate machine so you can sew while your E-machine is doing its thing.

My new machine is sitting in the box staring at me. I'm a little afraid of it.... lol. Lots of machine!

Comment

Congrats on the new machine! Now take it out of the box and go play!
                            Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Congrats on your new machine.
                              ~ Tracy

Comment

Working...
                              X