X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fliggie
    replied
    Re: Quilting Magazines

I love Gen Q and I also like the Machine Embroidery magazine--not necessarily quilty, but I get lots of great inspiration there.

Leave a comment:

• Momofmonsters5
    replied

I have to subscribe since our American bookstore here is down to one quilt magazine now. I really like McCalls but last year I had to fight to get all my issues. I subscribed to block and I'm going to subscribe to quilters newsletter I think it's called I've always liked the projects in that one! I'm one that actually does tons of patterns out of magazines. I'm not a digital person I like to see it without worring my battery might go dead.

Leave a comment:

• kmerfeld
    replied

Thanks to everyone for their input it is so greatly appreciated!!!

Leave a comment:

• easyquilts
    replied

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    The one thing about any of the projects that have been published through or by MSQC is that you get the directions two ways, printed and with a tutorial to back it up ( or visa versa). It helps the visual learner and the one who wants a written direction. Plus the printed versions give specific amount of yardage for different sizes of quilts, which the videos don't really go into.

I agree that this is a unique and very welcome feature.... I use both the written instructions and the tutorials... It's so nice to have them both.....

I have all of the QQ's, and now subscribe to BLOCK... Quilty is the only other magazine I ever buy....

Leave a comment:

• bec
    replied

I love the Block and also Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting. I have a subscription to American Patchwork and QuiltMaker, as well, but I seldom see anything I want to make and end up giving it to my neighbor.

Leave a comment:

• Simply Quilting
    replied

The Block is the only one that I subscribe to.

Leave a comment:

• goofyizzy
    replied

I also really like Quilt Sampler. I think it only comes out twice a year. They always feature different quilt shops around the country and I love to read those stories.

Leave a comment:

• goofyizzy
    replied

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
    I subscribe to McCalls (my favorite of all time). BLOCK, Quilty and American Patchwork & Quilting. I will not renew American Patchwork & Quilting even though I've been a subscriber for several years.
    Just out of curiosity, why won't you be renewing your APQ subscription? I subscribe to it, and since Quilt is no longer being produced, it's probably my favorite. I also like Quilty for the articles, but their patterns are geared towards new quilters.

Leave a comment:

• MRoy
    replied

I subscribe to BLOCK and Quilt-it Today (easy and intermediate quilt and sewing projects). I flipped through a Quilt-it Today at a local store and started buying it for $3.99 an issue. The cost of a one year subscription (6 issues) is $12.95 so I decided to subscribe.

Leave a comment:

• coffeebreak
    replied

I am interested in this 100 Blocks magazine...I google 100 blocks quilt magazine but didn't find it to subscribe to, just the site and to buy digital volumes... I want the paper version...anyone got a link?

Leave a comment:

• Genny
    replied

I don't subscribe to any (except Block) but I always pick up Quilts and More when the new one comes out. This magazine has a lot in it including lots of small items to make for gifts.

Leave a comment:

• Lindagie
    replied

I have a ton of books and magazines from years ago by various quilting "experts". At the time they all used templates that you had to make yourself, cut everything with scissors and I had no clue what I was doing. Everything seemed too difficult and time consuming. Consequently they have been sitting in the attic or basement with nothing being made from them. Now that I have learned some things I may go back and see if I can adapt some of the patterns that I liked to Jenny's way of doing things. If not I think I will donate them to the library or somewhere.
    Right now I subscribe to BLOCK and QUILTER'S WORLD. Many of the patterns that I like on E Patterns are ones that first appeared in QW. I also like having the written directions and fabric lists from Jenny's videos in BLOCK. I also find many things on line that are free, so I have waaay more patterns than I will ever be able to make, but I still enjoy flipping through he magazines in the stores. I'm sure if something REALLY catches my eye, I would buy it.

Leave a comment:

• Quiltfreestyle
    replied

I used to subscribe to several quilt magazines, but I found too often that the patterns were simply the same old blocks, all be it done in different colors, fabrics or settings. I let all the subscriptions expire. I still look at the mags at my LQS or the grocery store, but I rarely buy them anymore, unless there is an article I want to read. Money is tight for me, so I need a really good reason to spend it. .. I still have a whole bookcase of reference books & with the internet & this forum, it's not like I'll run out of ideas any time soon.

Leave a comment:

• Iris Girl
    replied

I don't subscribe to any, any more. Too many times you get entire issues with nothing your interested in.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

I subscribe to McCalls (my favorite of all time). BLOCK, Quilty and American Patchwork & Quilting. I will not renew American Patchwork & Quilting even though I've been a subscriber for several years.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X