Oooh brother!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooh brother!

Just curious to know if any one else here has ever had to send their sewing machine to the manufacturer for repairs? If so how long did you wait to get it back? My brother sewing machine has been gone since the beginning of November. The manufacturer said they have not had the part to fix the machine in stock in a long time so they had to order it from Japan. I called last week to check on it and they are still waiting...They do not know when they will get the part...I do have a spare machine but really miss my brother machine...I have put some thought into just buying a new sewing machine because #1 really don't know if they will be able to fix mine and #2 I would love to have one that has more throat space to learn FMQ. Really trying to be patient.

Re: Oooh brother!

Your excuse for buying a new machine sounds as good as any to me.

Comment

Sounds absolutely like a good, valid reason and a very sound decision to me!!
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I would tell them that you have waited LONG ENOUGH for this repair and perhaps they could send you a "coupon" or gift certificate toward the purchase of a new machine... seems like any good customer service person would understand that... worth a try... we have a Brother dealer near me and for the price of a new machine.. I think you might want to invest... Brother's are very affordable.... I have a Project Runway Innovis I bought and think it's a well running machine... I Hus,Janome .. multiple of each and was quite surprised with the quality of the Brother...
        "Each day well-lived and Happy;
        that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Originally posted by GrammaBabs View Post
          I would tell them that you have waited LONG ENOUGH for this repair and perhaps they could send you a "coupon" or gift certificate toward the purchase of a new machine... seems like any good customer service person would understand that... worth a try... we have a Brother dealer near me and for the price of a new machine.. I think you might want to invest... Brother's are very affordable.... I have a Project Runway Innovis I bought and think it's a well running machine... I Hus,Janome .. multiple of each and was quite surprised with the quality of the Brother...
          Thank you Grammababs. I would have never thought of a coupon good towards another purchase!

I had just bought this machine back in March of last year. I knew it was a less expensive machine but for my first one it was doing a good job ( I thought ). It was still under warranty so I took it to a dealer in my area first. They told me they couldn't figure out what was wrong so they sent it to the manufacturer.

Comment

After this amount of time, I am pretty sure they would be sending me a replacement or a coupon towards the purchase o a new machine. No excuse for any repair taking that long. A machinist could have made the replacement part by now. Don't let them intimidate you. Demand a solution.
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

Thank you ladies for all your suggestions and taking time to read my post! I will check in with the dealer and see what can be done! Wish me luck...

Comment

I think it's appalling that you bought a new machine and haven't had the use of it for 5-6 months of its first year. You should get your money back! They should also give you money toward a new one for the inconvenience you've put up with. It's inexcusable.

I thought I posted this last night. Sorry if it's a dup.

Comment

That's ridiculous that they are waiting for a part for this long. I would tell them that this is your livelihood and your losing a lot of money and you want a replacement now or you will report them to the BBB.
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

I had a problem with my Janome embroidery machine my husband bought me as a birthday/christmas gift 3 years ago. It would not stitch out a pattern without being distorted. I had it only a week, took it back to the quilt store I bought it from and they had to send it back to Janome. She immediately took her store model and gave it to me to take home and use till I got mine back. It took about a month as it was right before Christmas. I really appreciated what she did. I had a small problem with the needle threader that had to be fixed and when I brought it in I knew I would be without a machine for a few days. Same thing she said take the store model home again. That was great customer service. I would definetly purchase another machine from her. Perhaps the dealer had one he could lend you till yours comes back home.
                    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Originally posted by Cathy F View Post
                      I had a problem with my Janome embroidery machine my husband bought me as a birthday/christmas gift 3 years ago. It would not stitch out a pattern without being distorted. I had it only a week, took it back to the quilt store I bought it from and they had to send it back to Janome. She immediately took her store model and gave it to me to take home and use till I got mine back. It took about a month as it was right before Christmas. I really appreciated what she did. I had a small problem with the needle threader that had to be fixed and when I brought it in I knew I would be without a machine for a few days. Same thing she said take the store model home again. That was great customer service. I would definetly purchase another machine from her. Perhaps the dealer had one he could lend you till yours comes back home.
                      That is certainly one of the reasons I buy through a dealer. I can walk in and see the person and my dealer would give me a loaner also.

Comment

My next sewing machine purchase will also be through a dealer! Some things I tend to learn the hard way

Comment

Working...
                        X