From Don-isewman-A week old member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Don-isewman-A week old member

My grdson Justin, came over today. After work. He straightened me out on posting pictures. With his help I posted 3 pictures. I posted 2 different times. He also showed me how to post 2-3 pictures at atime . So watch out(ha-ha), I'll be on fire. I'll play around later on, or in the morning. Got to find pictures pictures, that I can remember names of. Take care everyone Don-isewman

Re: From Don-isewman-A week old member

Gotta love the young en's for their techy advice. I swear, they're all super humans when it comes to their knowledge of "how to do it." I recently learned how to Instagram, post pics in an cell phone text, and even download a stupid game to my cell. Thanks to the grandkids.

I can't imagine how my mother, or grandmothers, lived such long lives without out modern day conveniences. Microwave? Mom used the first one to store her bread. Phones? We had a party line shared with the neighbors and had a 5 minute limit set by mom.! TV? We had 4-5 local channels only. No such thing as the Kardashians in those days. My poor grandkids would never have survived.

Just saw your beautiful star quilt pictures. You learn quickly! Thank Heavens for grandkids!

Comment

I'd sure like to know how to post more than one pic a a time.
      Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Funny. These youngsters. My granddaughters - 9 and 10, showed me how to use my iPad.
        SandyWhite
        Ocala, Florida
        http://handpiecing.blogspot.com

Comment

Oh how the younger folks know technology, my son is one of them. Saturday we drove three hours to my dad's house so my son could fix his cell phone and his computer. What takes me hours to TRY to fix (and not succeed) he had that phone working in 20 minutes.

Thank goodness they are patient with their grandpas, and grandmas.
          Vicki C:icon_hi:

Comment

Welcome! And Ihave alreadybeen to the show and tell board and saw your beautiful quilts - loved them all! And I know whay you mean about posting, I usually have my son help so they come out rightside up!

Comment

Originally posted by SandyWhite View Post
              Funny. These youngsters. My granddaughters - 9 and 10, showed me how to use my iPad.
              Ain't it the truth!

Comment

Sharyn-

I remember party lines.....when I would spend my summers with my grandpa my aunt used to say that she never would say anything when so and so was on the line because she would spread everything that you talked about to EVERYBODY....

I had a friend who was a phone operator for a rural area and he told about having to break in on a conversation (a no-no unless it was an emergency) because the dairy truck driver had missed a dairy farm and if he didn't come soon, there would be 500 gallons of milk spilling on the ground! Our kids don't know what they missed!
                Home is where your mother is..........;)

Comment

Working...
                X