Missing fabric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing fabric

I bought this fat quarter bundle last fall at JoAnn's, thinking it would make a bright baby quilt. Well I just now got around to looking for a pattern to use it with, and came up with a chevron quilt. My problem is that I'll need 6 colors instead of 5, and now I can't find any of this at JoAnn's. Do you all have any idea if it was even available in yellow? They have a yellow geometric now, but the circles are noticeably different.
    If anyone has this in yellow, or ideas, I'd love to hear about it!
    Thanks

DSCI0203.jpg

Re: Missing fabric

If you cant find the fabric you could just add in another color using the geometrics design adding a modern look to your quilt. I think that would be cool!

Oops forgot to say I think these are perfect for a chevron quilt. It will look awesome
    Last edited by Kgrammiecaz; March 16, 2014, 03:20 PM.
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

or what about adding a white stripe between each color. orange /white/pink/white/green/white/blue/white/purple/white
      Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

Fabric Quarters Assorted Fabric Yellow at Joann.com

Is this close enough?
        Vonnie

Comment

Cute! I like the idea of adding the white. It would be adorable!
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Vonnie, that's the one I found in the store, but it really sticks out since the others are exactly the same, and this one isn't. I may redo my figuring and make smaller blocks, that would give me enough rows to add white between each one. Or it just hit me, I could do a row of purple/ then pink/ then solid yellow (or yellow with some other geometric design)/ green/ orange/ and blue, with solid yellow filling in the half rows that would be left on each side. If that makes any sense. That way the print that doesn't belong would tie in with the setting triangles. Hmmm...decisions, decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
              Thanks everyone!

Vonnie, that's the one I found in the store, but it really sticks out since the others are exactly the same, and this one isn't. I may redo my figuring and make smaller blocks, that would give me enough rows to add white between each one. Or it just hit me, I could do a row of purple/ then pink/ then solid yellow (or yellow with some other geometric design)/ green/ orange/ and blue, with solid yellow filling in the half rows that would be left on each side. If that makes any sense. That way the print that doesn't belong would tie in with the setting triangles. Hmmm...decisions, decisions.
              That's an excellent idea!
              Vonnie

Comment

If you can't find it, I'd put a solid yellow stripe in. Whatever you do, it'll be a very cute quilt! Please post a pic when it's done.

Comment

Working...
                X