Why oh why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why oh why

I am working on a twin size quilt, FMQ and I am about 2/3 finished but only have about 1/3 spool of my thread left. I am pretty sure that will not be enough to finish my quilt. This is my fourth spool (500 yards each). I have no idea how to estimate how much thread I will need when I FMQ. Obviously, I underestimated how much i need. I just hope I can find the color I need now.

When I told my husband I thought I needed another 500 yard spool, he said, "that's 5 football fields long!" I thought he would pass out when I told him that I had already used nearly 4 spools. Silly husband.
    My soul is fed with needle and thread, my body with chocolate!

Re: Why oh why

That seems like a lot of thread to me! However, I use the spools of Aurifil and I'm not sure how much is on there, maybe 2000', but I have never come close to using an entire one, let alone half of one on a single quilt. I also do not use that in my bobbins, which makes a big difference too! I use Superiors Bottomline. You can get about 3x the amount of thread on your bobbin when you use that.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I do a lot of quilting when I quilt! I've taken a Leah Day class and watched a bunch of her videos. It is going to be a heavy and hopefully warm quilt.
      My soul is fed with needle and thread, my body with chocolate!

Comment

I have a twin size washing as I type. It is the largest quilt that I have made. I thought I would never get the FMQ done. I used 2 spools of thread and ran out. I told my Dh that I just had to go get more so I could finish TODAY! So we did. I feel like I quilted literally 10 hours. Can't wait to see it all crinkled and soft!
        "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
        :D

Comment

Working...
        X