Ruined a project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruined a project

Oh my... I have been trying to create 20 pillow cases and I must have missed counted. I cut all my fabric and pressed and rolled and pinned and realized I was short one and of course I was exhausted and I just wanted to finish this portion on the project so I go to my cutting mat and cut up the last of the fabric and to realize I CUT IT wrong!!! Never cut when your tired ( been told this several times and I didn't listen)! Now I have to run to the fabric store and hope they have the fabric still.

Have you done this?

Re: Ruined a project

Yes. I always make errors when over tired.
    SandyWhite
    Ocala, Florida
    http://handpiecing.blogspot.com

Comment

We've ALL done it at one time or another, so don't feel like the Lone Ranger!
      Some of us (meaning me,,) just have to learn the hard way. LOL
      Hope you can find the fabric you need,,,
      May the road rise up to meet you...
      May the wind be always at your back...
      May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
      Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Yup. In fact that is why I am on line instead of cutting the last three yards of flannel for the rag quilt for #1 DGS. I can back space here........back spacing with a rotary cutter isn't quite so easy..
        Home is where your mother is..........;)

Comment

Lol.. So true on the back spacing

Comment

So far most of my cutting woe's have been when I don't quite follow the ruler. I have found myself veering off on a tangent a few times. I was really not happy with myself when I did that.

Comment

Yep that's why as a morning person I don't try and cut or sew in the evening.
              sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
              Time spent with cats is never wasted.
              Sigmund Freud

Comment

Been there. Done that.
                Donna

Comment

Oh yes.... I make all kinds of mistakes of I try to do anything that calls for precision when I am tired... I usually don't do much quilting at night, for this very reason....unless it is mindless sewing...

I thunk we've all been where you are at one time or another... So sorry... I hope there is more of the fabric you need...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

I try not to do anything with measuring or math when I'm tired. I'm also afraid of cutting myself when I'm not concentrating.
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Kristin,

Oy, count me in! Just posted about that the other day in Cyber Elves. Luckily the strip is wide enough to use for the crayon roll-ups.

If they don't have they fabric...I say get an coordinate or something that will look cute and if need be use two fabrics to make up the 27" piece of the main body. I've had to do that with donated fabric that had big pieces that were not big enough.

We always know that we should stop when we're getting tire but say "Just 5 more minutes to finish this one to get this over with!" That's the one that will bite us in the (_|_) ... :P

Hope you find your fabric!

Huggers, Ruby
                      sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

Yes I have but I will never admit it publicly.....

Comment

We used to have a rule in my house-I couldn't cut after 8:30. I'd flip the ruler, measure a half inch off (or more), or some other screwup and my family would hear about it. They teased me about taking away my rotary cutter at night.

Good luck on finding the fabric.

Comment

Working...
                          X