Guess what I test drove today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess what I test drove today...

I tried out the Husqvarna Viking Platinum 16 longarm ( that you sit down to use. It was wonderful. I'm just now FMQ, and my design was decent. The ease of using this machine was a wonder. The only issue I had was certainly a tension issue. Not exactky eyelashes but definitely a tiny loop (bobbin thread on the underside). The lady who demo-ed it had the same slight issue on her stitches, which makes me think a tension issue. LOL I told her before I would even dream of buying a machine like that this issue had to be fixed. Told her if I pay enough for a machine that i could buy a small used car instead, it better sew perfect LOL. All said and done i was impressed. I did so well, I can only imagine what I could do with practise.

I also test drove the Babylock Tiara, and the HQ Sweet Sixteen last fall. Loved these equally. My question is this, in case I hit the lottery, do any of you have any of these 3 machines? If sew, please tell me your feedback on them.
    Keep the Faith

dizzyLiz

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=1196342

Re: Guess what I test drove today...

I ha e the Tiara and love it. So far no tension issues. Favorite things are the stitch regulator and separate bobbin winder. Least favorite is location of bobbin,but I figured a man designed it! Overall, DH gave me one awesome 30th anniversary present!

Comment

Thank you for your review.
      Keep the Faith

dizzyLiz

Comment

I saw this one recently at a Quilt expo. I've been trying to find out more about it...because I fell in love. It's out of my price range right now...but definitely something I am saving for!

Comment

We are getting ready to do a major remodel on the house. Hopefully I can convince DH to let me upgrade to one of these machines. But I really don't want to go over $5,000. Any of these machines in that price range?
          Vonnie

Comment

The Viking is 5900 with the stitch regulator. The Tiara and Sweet sixteen were both 5000 last fall. That being said, I'm sure you can get a better deal online, but if and when i buy it will be at a dealer who can service my machine locally.
            Keep the Faith

dizzyLiz

Comment

Originally posted by dizzyLiz View Post
              The Viking is 5900 with the stitch regulator. The Tiara and Sweet sixteen were both 5000 last fall. That being said, I'm sure you can get a better deal online, but if and when i buy it will be at a dealer who can service my machine locally.
              Thank you! I'll be sure to check with the locals and see what deals they have. I just don't want to talk to any of them yet because I need to wait until after the remodel.
              Vonnie

Comment

Working...
              X