No BLOCK TODAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No BLOCK TODAY

Oh Jean, I am feeling your angst. I really thought you would have it today, I got mine Weds. And we aren'tthat far from each other. Fingers crossed for tomorrow, so you can enjoy it all weekend!

Comment

I got mine yesterday and sprial bound it. I love, love, love it.

Comment

I live in St. Charles. Have not received mine either.
        :icon_wave:Debby

Comment

I haven't received it yet either (signed up the first day also. ) I guess I should me encouraged that someone in the south suburbs (Tinley Park) has received it. I live nort so maybe i's making its's way north from Hamilton!

Comment

Glad you got it Jean! Hope everyone else got theirs by now too. It is a wonderful magazine and I'll be sharing mine with my friends until they can get their own. At the retreat this week I was showing everyone how to use Jenny's tutorials and walking them through the website. They all loved it.

Comment

I still haven't received mine. I may never get it.
              :icon_wave: Linda
              "Home is where they love you"

Comment

Originally posted by Lindagie View Post
                I still haven't received mine. I may never get it.
                I can imagine your frustration! Hang in there, girl!

Comment

i still don't have mine here in Ma. yet. i wonder if they forgot us? and will it be like this for the next issue also>
                  :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

It's an odd business this shipping. We went with a printer out in Pennsylvania, and with the 5.99 subscription, we wanted to ship it for that price, felt it would be a bit goofy to ask for shipping on anything subscribed to, so we cut a deal with the printer to lump all our mail in with everyone elses mail in order to ship it for 1/3 the price. They say it should take 5-10 business days to get there. The printing was complete on the 28th, which was a Friday, and was "shipped" that day, but it just went in the trucks that day. It then shipped out on the 3rd right into the postal system Bulk Media rate, which is about the dregs of the barrel in the shipping world. We had 75 addresses that weren't kosher and I had to reship them manually, so those will be set back a few days still, but everything else should be filtering in.

I'm not sure how we should treat this in the future, maybe hold the issue for a week after it ships to you all that helped us out by subscribing so everyone gets them about the same time? What do you think is a good idea?

Comment

I think you are working the kinks out,,, and doing us a fabulous service of sending something that sounds pretty wonderful for only 5.99!!!! I'll wait patiently....
                      "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                      that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

When I worked with bulk mail @ the printer we had these problems too. Bulk mail is the red-headed step-child. The USPS needs it, but it is low on the food chain. Different centers process it at different rates. It certainly isn't treated like first-class mail. If the truck is full, that bin gets bumped to the next truck, or at least that is what I saw at the processing center.

The good news is you have put out a product that everyone wants and is pleased to receive!
                        Be who you are and say what you feel
                        because those who mind don't matter,
                        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by BillNye View Post
                          I'm not sure how we should treat this in the future, maybe hold the issue for a week after it ships to you all that helped us out by subscribing so everyone gets them about the same time? What do you think is a good idea?
                          Honestly I think if you all just supplied a little more detailed information to everyone that the masses would better deal with the wait. People started a panic when their cards were charged and no magazine appeared 3 days later. We must have had 30 "Where's my block?" threads here alone, not to mention all the people asking on Facebook.

An outline of what to expect - We charged your card on the 20th of the month to produce the addresses for the shipper. The magazine finished printing on the 28th, to be shipped BULK rate (they are all used to Priority from MSQC) and according to the Post Office should take 8 to 10 days, not accounting for weather, holidays, etc.

There will still be some people who start asking where their magazine is as soon as the next issue is mentioned, but I think the majority of the people will actually read a timeline notice and be ok with the wait.
                          K is for Karen 😊​ Albuquerque, NM..................
                          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                          T - is it TRUE?
                          H - is it HELPFUL?
                          I - is it INSPIRING?
                          N - is it NECESSARY?
                          K - is it KIND?

Comment

Hi Al! The magazine is fantastic!! Just got mine in the mail yesterday and it was worth the wait! Well, I DID end up buying the digital while I was waiting though...and I love that too! I agree that the shipping kinks will work out and for that price it is worth the wait. I know several magazine subscriptions offer a pricing structure for the paper magazine only or one that includes a digital version for a little additional cost. I would be willing to pay more if an increased price point could provide a higher level of shipping and also include the digital version for subscribers! That way I can happily view the digital as soon as the magazine ships and still get the pleasure of finding the BLOCK magazine in my mailbox! Just a thought!
                            Linda
                            -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

sigpic

Comment

I think part of the problem lies in certain bulk mail facilities. The one here in St. Louis stinks! The printer has no control over that. Frankly, I'm glad to get such a high quality product shipped at that price. I think people panicked this first time out because they weren't sure they had really subscribed! You made that process WAY TOO EASY! That was my concern, did I really do it? I whined a lot because i had an experience last month with An order from you got caught in the slowly turning cogs of the St. Louis USPS. Linda had the same problem with an order that got stuck in St. Louis for 10 days. Sometimes I'd prefer to have the option to pay more for an upgraded service from them.

Comment

I think we were all just so excited to see the new publication that once we knew it was available we wanted it NOW! Being out here in the PNW I just pictured this wave of BLOCK magazines slowly working their way to my side of the country. And tried to wait as patiently and quietly as possible. I did however, eventually, to my chagrin, email the store and ask. I feel bad I even did it now because mine came two days later. I did get an email back with the same explanation, and that whole scenario honestly had never occurred to me! Sorry for my impatience M*. Do you still love me?

Beautiful publication! They never disappoint, do they?

I used to do bulk mail working in a real estate office. The USPS treated us like red headed step children everytime we came in with a mailing. It was like they were doing us a favor even dealing with it.
                                sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Working...
                                X