...sigh... I got it bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...sigh... I got it bad

Okay, so last Sunday, I'm sitting in Sunday School listening to my pastor when I noticed his tie... "Wow!", I thought - "That would make the best pattern for a 'guy' quilt!"
    I spent the rest of the time forcing myself to focus on the lesson being taught and not on "...hmmm how would I make that into a block?" The best part is that when I told him about it he didn't think it was weird - gotta love it

Re: ...sigh... I got it bad

I saw a ceiling of a church when we were touring in Europe and thought the same thing. You notice patterns more once you get into quilting!

You've got it bad... And that ain't good! At least not when listening to the pastor's sermon.

Comment

I love it. I had to read your post out loud to my hubby. He said, "How many times you've done that to my shirts and ties!"
      Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

This craft seems to take over our mind. My husband had an hemorrhage in his eye. At first it the whole white part was bright red. As it healed it was a mix of reds, greens, and yellow. Every time I put drops in for him I started thinking how to use those colors in a quilt.
        "Never stop believing that fighting for what is right is worth it"
        Hillary Clinton

Comment

Hahaha, you mean I'm not the only one?!? Can't wait to share this with my pastor-hubby.
          Okay, so now I'm wondering, did Dorcas have this problem? (Acts 9:36-42)

Comment

Originally posted by Marta View Post
            This craft seems to take over our mind. My husband had an hemorrhage in his eye. At first it the whole white part was bright red. As it healed it was a mix of reds, greens, and yellow. Every time I put drops in for him I started thinking how to use those colors in a quilt.
            hahahahaha... wow that is bad

Comment

Originally posted by SallyO'Sews View Post
              Hahaha, you mean I'm not the only one?!? Can't wait to share this with my pastor-hubby.
              I'm sure she did... "hmmmm... that robe, do you mind if I touch it and see the stitching on it?".... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by SallyO'Sews View Post
                I had to look it up....and I could just see her doing that....too funny!

Comment

I did that with a tie a couple of day's ago, but it was a reporter on tv. I almost stopped the tv so I could take a picture. lol
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

Last week, as I was returning home from work in the DC Metro, I asked a co-passenger if I could take a picture of his tie. It had colors that would inspire a quilt. The young man happily obliged.
                    tie.jpg

Glad to know that I am in the company of like-minded people :-)
                    Preeti
                    http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Preeti View Post
                      Last week, as I was returning home from work in the DC Metro, I asked a co-passenger if I could take a picture of his tie. It had colors that would inspire a quilt. The young man happily obliged.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]70715[/ATTACH]

Glad to know that I am in the company of like-minded people :-)
                      That's too funny, because the tie that inspired me was verrrrry similar, only greens instead of blues

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one who sees something and thinks about quilting.

Comment

Almost everything sparks a quilting thought anymore - everything from tile floors to sunsets. Yeah, I got it bad, too. Glad to have such good company!
                          Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Working...
                          X