I want it all!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want it all!!!!!

Im gonna be nosy and ask who has that neat iron she uses in her tutorials ? and what about those really expensive light does it work well and is it worth the money?? Also what other nifty gadgets do yall have that make your quilting easier ??

Re: I want it all!!!!!

You mean this......image.jpg

and this.......image.jpg

I wouldn't be without either!!! I have one of the lamps on my sewing table, another on the cutting table and a smaller one for the ironing board.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

What are those lights called? I am in the market for a new light.
      HUGS,
      Lenore

"I'm not crazy. My Mother had me tested." (Dr Sheldon Cooper)

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
        You mean this......[ATTACH=CONFIG]70653[/ATTACH]

and this.......[ATTACH=CONFIG]70654[/ATTACH]

I wouldn't be without either!!! I have one of the lamps on my sewing table, another on the cutting table and a smaller one for the ironing board.
        YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! omg I want that iron do you love it???

Comment

LOL
          My kind of thread title!!
          Yes, I want it all too. Mostly all the fabric, but then where in the heck would I put it! I know, in some of the storage cabinets I want, and the sewing / cutting tables I want, oh and hey, how about a new house to put it all in its' own specially designed quilting studio!!
          But perhaps I'll just settle for a little bit of fabric for now to do the quilts I want to do in the immediate future for family.
          Ah, perchance to dream . . .
          Of course I'm only dreaming of the quilts I could quilt if I only had all the fun toys. Oh, and of course the skill to use them!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidan_07 View Post
            What are those lights called? I am in the market for a new light.
            I believe they are talking about the Ottlite. I'd love to get a couple for my sewing room but they are pretty pricey. They are 50% off at Joann's right now and some are still out of my range. They are really good lights though. They are a true light and not like a fluorescent or a regular light bulb.
            Cil
            A quilt is a blanket of love
            http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
            http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Madeforyouinma11 View Post
              I believe they are talking about the Ottlite. I'd love to get a couple for my sewing room but they are pretty pricey. They are 50% off at Joann's right now and some are still out of my range. They are really good lights though. They are a true light and not like a fluorescent or a regular light bulb.
              HOLY HEIFERS!!!!! I just ordered one thanks soooo much for that tip I did not know they were having a sale!!!! WOOOHOOOO

Comment

Well done Roxy....you are now a step closer to havin' it all!! Now, about that iron......

I don't think I have that many gadgets, really.
                I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread, so I'll know what I'm missing out on.
                The gadget that I really want is the sweet 16 sit down long arm. I have a very cunning plan to win lotto, and get me one!!
                I'm going to look at pricing of that light now.
                HUGS,
                Lenore

"I'm not crazy. My Mother had me tested." (Dr Sheldon Cooper)

Comment

When my iron died, I spent a whopping $4.95 at the Thrift Store to get another one.
                  I could spend the rest on fabric :-)
                  PS I do have one Ottlite. Joanns on sale, of course.
                  Preeti
                  http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have 3 Ott lites and love them!! Bought on sale of course.
                    Dawn

Comment

This year I bought one of the cutting boards that turns and the rag quilt snippers. Love both of tHem.
                      "Never stop believing that fighting for what is right is worth it"
                      Hillary Clinton

Comment

I do love that iron!!! I bought it at the State Fair, and have never seen the orange one elsewhere. It has a nonstick plate, making it excellent for applique. In the demo, she hit a plastic bag with it and it wiped right off!

The light is an Ott light....would not be without it.
                        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii Roxy View Post
                          HOLY HEIFERS!!!!! I just ordered one thanks soooo much for that tip I did not know they were having a sale!!!! WOOOHOOOO

LOL... they are almost ALWAYS having a sale Roxy!! I would never buy an ottlite at full price - just too expensive; but my hubby took me to JoAnns on black Friday (willingly, no less ) - Bought the desk lamp and got the floor lamp free. I love them, and they are a welcome addition to my sewing room! Also just got a sew steady table - there is NO WAY I could machine quilt without it!
                          On my soon to get hopefully wishlist is the turning cutting mat...

Comment

Originally posted by songbird857 View Post
                            LOL... they are almost ALWAYS having a sale Roxy!! I would never buy an ottlite at full price - just too expensive; but my hubby took me to JoAnns on black Friday (willingly, no less ) - Bought the desk lamp and got the floor lamp free. I love them, and they are a welcome addition to my sewing room! Also just got a sew steady table - there is NO WAY I could machine quilt without it!
                            On my soon to get hopefully wishlist is the turning cutting mat...
                            Just curious to know what a sew steady table is? I just recently bought the rotating mat. I got it at Wal-mart for $25.

Gina

Comment

ATTN: OTTLITE USERS -

so...does it matter if that is not the only light you have in the room? I currently sew in my sister's basement and she has recessed ceiling lights that cast a very dull amber haze over everything. Would it be worth it for me if I could only get ONE ottlite and still have all that dull amber haze all around?

As cool as I think that self-rising iron is - once I saw how much they cost I thought, it's just not worth it to me. Now that I am primarily ironing on a thick carpeted surface and almost everytime I move my tops across the board the iron shakes and almost topples over - I'm starting to rethink that idea! But that really is my only complaint about my iron - it gets good and hot, steams well when I want it so I really can't justify replacing it right now. Funny thing is - it is a white and light green Rowenta just like I'm SURE I saw Jenny using in one of her tutorials. She even mentioned getting it for $1 at a yard sale or something!
                              Vicki
                              Is a Nine Patch part of a 12-Step program? :icon_beuj:

Comment

Working...
                              X