Any help on ideals would be great!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any help on ideals would be great!

Looking at making a quilt to raffle for a fundraiser. It's for officers who bike 500 miles to D.C. In 4 days to attend Police Memorial Week. When I say bike I literally mean bicycle. ( I would need medic following me with oxygen lol ). I have a year to complete this due to the fact I am to late this year to even try. Each person who rides raises a certain amount of money. There are a couple of my officers who will be riding and they are doing all they can to raise money. I just thought this would be a good idea for next year to help them out. What do y'all think? Would you stick with the traditional black and blue colors? Any and all help/ideas would be grateful.
    Thanks
    Tracy

Sorry my title should say ideas.
    Last edited by TRLSRL72; March 12, 2014, 07:18 PM.
    ~ Tracy

Re: Any help on ideals would be great!

Hi Tracy, here are a couple of links that might give you some inspiration. I did a search "bicycle quilts on pinterest" and this was 2 of the links that came up. Hope this helps.

Quilts - Bicycle Quilts on Pinterest

Bike print quilts on Pinterest
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Since it's a raffle, the recipient may not be a police officer. If you did want to keep that theme, there is a fabric at M* that would fit:

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...es-tan-yardage

All cop uniforms have American flags on the shoulder, so that's an option. If I were making it to raffle for my Dad's group of cops and retired cops, it would have cute little pigs and bacon on it, but everyone isn't as self-depricating as they are.

Comment

If it's for a raffle, I don't see why one needs to use either bikes or badges. It could be a patriotic theme, or any fabric, for that matter. JCY

Comment

I would use tshirts from the area in which you work, possibly donated by the police departments or their guilds. Chances are that it will be a police officer or family member who wins it. Also, for sashing or the border, I would do blue and black to signify the blue line. That bicycle ride is all about fallen officers.
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

There is some really fun fabric on Spoonflower
            Fabric ? Shop for Fabric By Independent Designers ? Spoonflower
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

What is the cause they are riding for? Maybe make the quilt with that emblem on it. Or since most coffins of deceased officers is draped with an American Flag.. make an American Flag quilt.
              Cheri

www.fabricandmemories.blogspot.com

Comment

If you are making this quilt to raise money for their cause, I would think more on a general design that will appeal to all sorts of people buying the tickets. I have always found that the quilt that people feel they can use and feel comfortable with sell the most tickets.
                Lynn R

Comment

I have to agree with those that say it doesn't need to reflect the police, or the bike ride for that matter. It will appeal to a broader group of people if it is just a quilt. By that I mean a nice quilt, made with quality fabrics, but not only appealing to those actually participating.
                  Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X