It's all a blur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all a blur

You know those threads where someone forgets what pattern they bought the fabric for? Well I just joined the club and I don't want in! lol

I bought three Hawaiian patterns and they are all batiks. I had to take a break from sorting because it's a big blur. They are all ocean themes and all the fabric could be for any one of them. Lesson learned to keep them together.

I didn't want to join this club
    🌺 Lorie

Re: It's all a blur

Take a deep breath, you'll remember.
    We're still waiting on pics of your turtles!
    ~Kathy~

Comment

I was the one who started the thread and it's good to know that my club has plenty of members. Glad to have you!
      Judy

Comment

Don't worry, just pick the fabrics you like for each pattern,, that's what I do when I have a "Senior Moment" or as my kids say "Sometimers Disease". Sometimes I just can't remember. LOL
        May the road rise up to meet you...
        May the wind be always at your back...
        May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
        Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

I am also a member of this club!

For my first quilting project, I purchased the pattern Spring Storm by Toni Whitney and fabrics when I was visiting my parents in AK. Because of all the tiny pieces, I did nothing for over a year. By the time I finally pulled it out to get started, I had no idea which fabric was for which piece. Not even knowing yardage helped. I did manage to make the quilt and it turned out okay.

So---------my solution?

When I purchase fabric now, I have Post-it tabs that I write on and stick to the end of the bolt. When the salesperson cuts/tears the fabric, I stick the tab on the fabric. Plus I keep all the fabric and pattern in one bag for each project.

Do this even if you tell yourself, "Oh, I'll remember what I want to use that for." Personal experience? No, you won't.
          The trail is the thing----Louis L'Amour

Comment

I change my mind so many times between purchase and actual sewing I don't even try to remember
            Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

We all have retrieval failure sometimes. But it will come back and think of the fun you'll have the second time your think of the project.

Comment

I'll have fun once I get one done. lol

I managed to get it sorted. I have two whales and two turtles (I found a fourth pattern hiding upstairs, lol) So I separated the wildlife and did the fillers the best I could.

I'm going to use the post-it idea and some gallon zips for now. Whew!
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

Neener neener.... Been there done that! Still have 3 charm packs of the same line that I haven't a clue what I got them for.

Comment

Working...
                  X