Slow Shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow Shipping

Usually MSQC is pretty fast on shipping but I placed an order on the 4th and still no tracking number or notification that it's been shipped. Anyone else think they're a little behind right now?
    Since you're always on my mind can you straighten out the mess up there?

Re: Slow Shipping

As the company gets bigger and busier people are just going to have to give up on the idea of a two day turn around on orders anymore.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

I agree they must be behind. I have wondered if they are behind dealing with the new magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
        As the company gets bigger and busier people are just going to have to give up on the idea of a two day turn around on orders anymore.
        I never expected 2 day shipping but 6 plus is a bit worrisome, so what time frame are we looking at now? I'm pretty forgiving on shipping times but there's come a point when it will impact on what, when or if I order. Right now, the majority of fabric I buy is from MSQC.

The bigger they are the harder they fall, in other words, shipping times is a big issue for companies and it can make or break them, might be time to hire more employees. MSQC is not receiving a bailout from the govt, you are not too big to fail.
        Last edited by Leah53; March 10, 2014, 10:17 AM.
        Since you're always on my mind can you straighten out the mess up there?

Comment

Bob, the magazine is NOT being shipped from the store but from the printer - and via USPS !!!!!. Jenny told us the other day that they quite often have 4-5 THOUSAND orders to handle a day . . . when you figure that means pulling items, double-checking, packaging, adding that special personal note that we all love, and giving it to the postman (in a little burg of less than 2,000 people) - I'd be quite happy in receiving my order within 10 days . . . there aren't enough people in Hamilton to handle all individual orders . . . JMHO
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Shipping from MSQC is always slow to Vermont. I love buying from them, and when I when I went back and check at the end of their year, I have placed over 20 orders from them, but at minimum it always takes 11/2 weeks or more to receive. This is not a complaint -I just know I need to plan ahead or order from some place else if I need an item right away.
            Wendy
            http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

It has pretty much been the standard lately for it to take a week for an order to ship, then whatever travel time to where you are.

I'm sure if there were more people in Hamilton that MSQC would hire them. As it is, they employ people in a pretty big radius of their small town.
              K is for Karen 😊​..................
              Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
              T - is it TRUE?
              H - is it HELPFUL?
              I - is it INSPIRING?
              N - is it NECESSARY?
              K - is it KIND?

Comment

Have you contacted MSQC to check the status of your order? Many businesses advise to allow 7-10 business days for standard shipping (up to 2 calendar weeks). As you stated, MSQC is not receiving a bailout. They're not outsourcing to foreign countries either. The Doans are providing a livelihood for people in and around Hamilton MO and contributing greatly to the revitalization of that small town where there is probably 1 over-loaded post office with no hubs. For that, I commend them. MSQC's order volume may have also grown considerably since the NBC news story about them aired.
                Originally posted by Leah53 View Post
                The bigger they are the harder they fall, in other words, shipping times is a big issue for companies and it can make or break them, might be time to hire more employees. MSQC is not receiving a bailout from the govt, you are not too big to fail.
                *~* Myrna *~*
                *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

I always feel bad for companies who ship...we live in a "gotta have it now" society and people fail to remember that once it leaves the company, delivery is out of their hands. If the post-office or courier company messes up, it's the company ordered from that gets the flack. Not saying that's the case here,...just an observation to keep in mind. Hopefully your order comes soon! I normally find that just as I'm at the end of my patience, things arrive!

Comment

I was just about to start a thread to ask the same question!!
                    Great minds??
                    Anyway, I got spoiled when I first found MSQC and I had my order in hand in 5 days. Now when I need it sooner its not shipped yet on day 7. My local shop ran out of black, that's all that's waiting on finishing my daughters top that I really want to finish since I already missed her birthday. I broke down and ordered it from here then two days ago my local shop got some in. And here I am still waiting. Grrr
                    I know they are busy. You can tell a successful company by how quickly their shipping dept. starts to slow down I guess. I just hope it ships soon.
                    I refuse to take her top off my design wall until I'm putting it all together because its been so long in the process. I've had some of her toddler clothes set aside for this for 20 years! LOL Now that I have an inkling what I'm doing, I just want it done.
                    I know I shouldn't have favorites, but she's mine, if only because my oldest was raised by her father and I didn't get to form the same kind of close bond when he was moving around & not letting me know where they were for the better part of 7 years.
                    Next quilt will be for my oldest, waiting on fabric for that too, but only just ordered it. My SIL will be after that. Order of importance and all I guess.
                    OK I'm rambling.
                    I should get back to my ethics homework.
                    You all have a great day.
                    Hope I see a shipping notice soon.

Comment

I would imagine things will improve after the shock of being in the WSJ and NBC. The secret is out and we'll probably have to wait in line a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                        Bob, the magazine is NOT being shipped from the store but from the printer - and via USPS !!!!!. Jenny told us the other day that they quite often have 4-5 THOUSAND orders to handle a day . . . when you figure that means pulling items, double-checking, packaging, adding that special personal note that we all love, and giving it to the postman (in a little burg of less than 2,000 people) - I'd be quite happy in receiving my order within 10 days . . . there aren't enough people in Hamilton to handle all individual orders . . . JMHO
                        I guess I just figured that the picture showing Al overseeing cases of the magazine being unloaded off semi-trailers meant that they were shipping from Hamilton. If I am mistaken I apologize. I'm not even sure where the pic is on the forums now, but that was what I was basing my thought on. I also figured that the people working there were more involved in producing the magazine now that they are doing it completely on their own.

I also understand that the Doan family is doing a great service to Hamilton. It just seems like they are loosing touch with people, I have tried to call the store and got voicemail on the 800 number and when I call the regular number it just rings and rings. I sent an email about an order and it was over a week before I got an answer. I understand growing pains. But I also think they need to know if people are voicing concerns. For everyone that says something there are several others who won't say anything.

Comment

I placed an order for the DD on March 4th, I got my shipping notice on the 6th, and it arrived on the 8th. No extras to the order so they only had the one thing to pack and ship, and no cutting of material for this order. I am also just across the state line in Kansas, so fewing post office transfers.

I placed a second order for the DD and the magazine on March 6th, I received my shipping notice on the 8th. I expect that I would see my order within a couple of business days.

There have been times when I have ordered more and had fabric cut, and yes it does take longer. But so far the only order that I thought was too long was when I ordered on Black Friday. It seemed to take forever and a week for it to show up, but I had to remind myself that days volume had alot to do with it.

If they were to consistantly take over two weeks (10 business days) for my orders to get to me, then I would change where I order from.
                          Vicki C:icon_hi:

Comment

Originally posted by BobW View Post
                            I also understand that the Doan family is doing a great service to Hamilton. It just seems like they are loosing touch with people, I have tried to call the store and got voicemail on the 800 number and when I call the regular number it just rings and rings. I sent an email about an order and it was over a week before I got an answer. I understand growing pains. But I also think they need to know if people are voicing concerns. For everyone that says something there are several others who won't say anything.
                            Nicely said and I agree. I think many of us do not want to say anything because we do not want to be insensitive to Missouri Star, the family, and employees. Losing touch with the customers though could be dangerous in the long run. Having said that, I am sure they are aware of all that is going on. They just need to catch up and figure how to go forward. Maybe it is time for a second location in area where folks needs jobs. Could be in a nearby city, could be on one of the coasts. Just a thought.

For now, I have patience waiting on my orders because I expect it may take a while.

I am not happy about the shipping of the magazine. There is no way it was shipped on the day they billed me, February 20th. That is 14 days the post office is open. I get another quilting magazine within days of being billed. But again, I need to step back and hope this issue to resolves itself with the mailing of the April issue.

I love ordering from them, I love the personal notes in my orders, and have no thoughts of going elsewhere. It would take much more than late shipping to send me away.
                            Karen
                            Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Just thought I would let everyone know I have placed an order before and I never got an email stating that it had been shipped but it had been. I did receive my package about 6 or 7 days after I purchased it. I am also waiting on some fabrics that I ordered on the 4th and have not received an email stating that this one has shipped either. I am sure it will be here any day now. Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
                              X