MSQC Contest - Email I Received This Morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSQC Contest - Email I Received This Morning

I received the message below in an e-mail from MSQC. Thought I would post for those who don't receive their e-mails:

We want to hear your quilting story
    Happy National Quilting Month! You know, the folks here at Missouri Star are blessed with the unique opportunity to meet quilters from across the globe. We love chatting with you about precuts, patterns, and notions, but what we REALLY LOVE are the stories you tell. Quilting touches so many of our hearts on a much deeper level than just pretty fabrics pieced together. For some, quilting is an artistic outlet. It is a medium to allow your creative talents to really shine. For others, quilting can be a sort of therapy. I know that as I measure, cut, and stitch, I feel a great sense of release and relaxation. It is very satisfying to create my own little piece of order and beauty even though the rest of the world may be spinning out of control!

We want to hear your story. Why do you quilt? How has quilting made your life better? How has quilting changed you? Tell us in 500 words or less and you could be one of three entries chosen to have your story featured on our Daily Deal page and Daily Deal email. And if that’s not cool enough, we will also award the three winners with $100 each in Quilter’s Cash (10,000 Quilter’s Cash points)! Woohoo, right?!! So start writing right away! We want to be inspired! We want to laugh! We want to cry! Just be sure to send your entry to [email protected] by noon (CST) this Wednesday, March 12th. I’m so excited, I think I’m going to be checking the email every five minutes to see what comes in!

The entries we select to be featured will appear as our Daily Deal story this Thursday, Friday and Saturday (13th-15th), with Saturday being National Quilting Day!

A few details to remember: If your entry is chosen, but you don’t want your name attached to it, please specify that you would like it to be anonymous, or use a fake name. Otherwise, we will use whichever name appears in your e-mail. Also, although we are selecting only three winners for this weeks contest, we may use some of the entries not chosen this week in future Daily Deal stories or on our blog or magazine, therefore, by willingly submitting your story, you acknowledge that Missouri Star may use it at some future date for commercial purposes.

We really can’t wait to hear about the impact quilting has made on your life! Happy Quilting
    Wendy
    http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Re: MSQC Contest - Email I Received This Morning

That's pretty cool. I'm not very good at writing or I would enter....maybe I'll give it a shot anyway.
    Cil
    A quilt is a blanket of love
    http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
    http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

Thank you for posting this I thought I had signed up for emails in Jan but I guess I didn't! LOL I did now...

Comment

I submitted my story! I'm glad I saw this since there was only a two day turn around on the contest.

Comment

Wish I had time. I've got an important paper for my class due on Wed as well as some other homework between now & then. I too got the e-mail this morning and if you didn't, its on the Blog too.
          Wishing everyone who submits a story the best of luck!
          Cheers!

Comment

I gave it a shot. There are some jelly rolls I have my eye on!

Thanks for posting this as I don't check my "shopping" email very often and probably would have missed out on the opportunity.
            Sharon

Comment

I was disappointed the turn around time was so short. I won't submit anything due to the deadline. JCY

Comment

Just finished my email. I'm not a good writer, but I'm so happy to have the opportunity to share my story and to let MSQ know how much they mean to me.
                Keep the Faith

dizzyLiz

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=1196342

Comment

Thanks, Wendy! Found out about this just in time!

Comment

Working...
                  X