Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Artista 165E, Did he pay too much and is it a good machine??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artista 165E, Did he pay too much and is it a good machine??

Good morning, This weekend my husband found and came home with a 2003 Artista 165E that had 89 hours on it. He was so excited. He paid $799. Did he pay way too much and is it a good machine for a quilting beginner who wants to do a little letter monograming? The dealer gave him three years labor warranty. Thanks for your input!!

Re: Artista 165E, Did he pay too much and is it a good machine??

Brand? Bernina? Probably a good buy, they keep their value pretty well. But I have no knowledge of that particular machine. I usually look on eBay to see if others are selling the same machine, and what they are asking.

Here is a little higher model on eBay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bernina-Arti...-/161240376297

Hey, a three year warranty makes the deal sweeter
    Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; March 10, 2014, 07:05 AM.

Comment

I would say that appears to be a GREAT deal . . .
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Bernina Artista 165 Embroidery Sewing Machine Computerized Sewing Machine | eBay
        Bernina Artista 165 Sewing Machine w Accessories Works Great | eBay

here are a couple on ebay. No bids on the first and looks like no embroidery stuff with the second. Looks to me like he got a great deal.
        Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

Plus the Bernina is a great machine. I don't have the Artista, but do have the Aurora 440 - love it and wouldn't trade it for anything.
          Wendy
          http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

I think he did GREAT! 3 years labor was an awesome part of the deal.

Have fun with your new machine! Share some pictures!

(I know I can't be the only sewing machine addict here that loves to see pictures of machines)
            Cathryn

Comment

I think he did great. I have the Artista 180, and they are similar. The Artistas are awesome machines.

Comment

Give that man a big hug and kiss! A great machine, a three year warranty, and a happy wife - he's a winner!

Comment

That's a really good deal! I have an Artista and absolutely love it. It's very easy to use.
                  sigpicCarolyn

Comment

Bernina Artista 165E Review | Sewing Machine Reviews

There is a site with some specs and reviews. Once I saw it was a Bernina, I figured he did fantastic with the 3 year warranty without even reading anything else.
                    K is for Karen 😊​..................
                    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                    T - is it TRUE?
                    H - is it HELPFUL?
                    I - is it INSPIRING?
                    N - is it NECESSARY?
                    K - is it KIND?

Comment

So do you have the 165 with embroidery??? I am wondering if the embroidery part is already obsolete??

Comment

I would say... AWESOME!!!
                        Happy Quilting!

Comment

Here's one on Craigslist for 1699
                          https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/art/4348710231.html

Comment

Originally posted by lpepperl View Post
                            So do you have the 165 with embroidery??? I am wondering if the embroidery part is already obsolete??
                            I saw Jean mention in a thread this past weekend that her embroidery machine is 12 years old and she just embroidered one of her Irish chain quilts with it. It may not be as up to date, but you still got a nice machine.
                            K is for Karen 😊​..................
                            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                            T - is it TRUE?
                            H - is it HELPFUL?
                            I - is it INSPIRING?
                            N - is it NECESSARY?
                            K - is it KIND?

Comment

Last summer I traded in my 165E. I have a 440 also and asked my Bernina dealer who I trust a lot, which one I should trade in because I wanted to get a 750. He told me the 165 was outdated as far as the embroidery unit went...and since I wasn't do much embroidery I traded it in and purchased the 750 with the thought that if I miss embroidering I could purchase the unit next summer.
                              He told me the 165 is still a great sewing machine and he would sell it as such. It was priced just above $1000 SO I would say you got an awesome deal especially with the warranty!! I LOVE both my Bernina's .....Forgot to mention....it is obsolete..as far as the embroidery unit goes . You will not be able to get cards for it. Did you get the embroidery attachment with it or just the machine??
                              Last edited by Fabricadabra; March 11, 2014, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X