Daylight Night Owls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daylight Night Owls

Is anyone else messed up by the time change? Personally, I don't think we need this program anymore and don't know why we keep it. It doesn't add to the number of hours in the day or increase our ability to schedule our time better. For me, autumn's "falling back" doesn't really affect me in the least. Springing forward, however, is another matter. It will be a week at least before I feel back to normal.

It's nearly 1am, I get up at 5. And I'm spending this time lying in bed, watching Star Trek, and surfing the web to get ideas on how to quilt my Farmer's Wife quilt when I get to that point.
    If you can't see it from 50 yards away on a galloping horse, it doesn't matter.

Follow my quilting adventures at Quilting Foote

Come join all the fun in our Farmer's Granddaughter Quilt Along!

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. (I totally ripped this off from S)

Re: Daylight Night Owls

Yes the first week of daylight savings time always messes up my body clock. I attend 7am mass on Sunday so it was extra hard to get there on time this morning. I wasn't ready to go to sleep early last night so that just made it harder to get up this morning.
    I wish we didn't have to do this anymore, there are several states that don't have this & they seem to get along just fine.
    May the road rise up to meet you...
    May the wind be always at your back...
    May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
    Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

I am a mess... just when I think I've gotten this insomnia under control....the time change messes it all up. Back to the beginning of getting a routine started- AGAIN. It is 30 am and I can't get back to sleep. At least I don't have to go to work or have appointments to keep. Retirement has is perks........
      Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
      :icon_wave:

Comment

The spring time change doesn't seem to bother me. I guess I am so happy that it stays daylight later in the evening.
        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
        Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

I'm retired, so the time doesn't bother me. I am just thankful for the beautiful sunshine this morning, and it is supposed to be in the 60's today!

My son's doctor told him to take a 3mg. Melatonin when he has trouble sleeping. You can buy it over the counter. I bought mine at the grocery. It is in with all the vitamins. I have tried it once or twice. It works like a charm. In 30 minutes I go right to sleep, with no after effects. I read about it on the internet before I tried it. Look it up and see what you think.

Comment

Thank you for starting this thread. I have such trouble with the Spring Forward time change. I have a really strong body clock, and it doesn't adjust well. I couldn't fall asleep last night, and I'm feeling it this morning.

I remember when the time changed in late April. At least by then, the sun was rising earlier. But 7am THIS morning was looked like oh-dark-thirty, and my head just plain hurts. The government said they did this to "save electricity." But in my house, my kids turned on lights that never used to be on, then they'd leave for the day with these new lights burning away. I'm sure mine wasn't the only household that find this new way to waste electricity.

Last year I read a study about how much DST costs the economy in terms of industrial and traffic accidents. It's shocking.

I'd best get going. There's a lot to do today. I just get to do it without enough sleep.
            Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

An afternoon snooze might be in the plan for me today. Even the cat is confused.
              Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

It usually doesn't bother me one way or the other but I really love the extra daylight at the end of the day. I seem to get much more done in the evenings. With that said - my hubby hates the time change and wishes they would quit.
                sigpicCarolyn

Comment

DST is one of my pet peeves. I hate it. Living in other countries, we didn't have DST and we did just fine. Arizona doesn't have it, and I think parts of Indiana don't have it either (or did they switch back to DST?)

I don't see how it saves any energy.

Comment

I don't like the spring forward..it makes me grumpy! LOL!
                    Wouldn't you know, I had to get up earlier than usual today and since it was already earlier than usual It was really earlier than usual!!

Comment

Working...
                    X