Old neeldes and pins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old neeldes and pins

After the last thread about old needles, I decided to ask our recycling service about the needles and rotary cutters. Here is the response, for anyone wanting to follow it. I'm not sure why they want the needles marked as medical waste, but it is what it is...

You may place the sewing needles in a milk container or any other container and dispose it as medical waste. Please label the container “DO NOT RECYCLE MEDICAL WASTE”. The City of Houston will not accept the rotary blades, but as an option you may be able to take them to a metal scrap yard.

Re: Old neeldes and pins

Your recycling department gave you a stock answer and probably think those cutting blades are like a lawn mower blade. Take the old rotary cutter blades to the scrap yard and give them a chuckle...not!

Put them along with pins and needles into an old pill container and throw them in the trash.

I buy milk by the gallon and it would take a century to fill one with old pins, sewing needles and rotary blades.

Comment

That was a very interesting response. Unless things have changed very recently "Medical Waste" must be autoclaved before it can be disposed of at a municipal or private landfill unless it is designated as a "Medical Waste Facility". I would put the needles, pins and rotary blades in a container and when full throw them in with your trash.
      Ann

Comment

I put needles and pins in metal recycling...
        ~ Anna ~

My Pinterest

Comment

Working...
        X