X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snippet
    replied
    Re: Need advice on a machine...

I bought my Pfaff 6270 from a craigslist ad too. I wasn't presented with an 'as is' form though, I don't know that I'd make the purchase without testing it. But what is done is done. Take it to be serviced and hopefully it all can be fixed easily. I love my Pfaff, they are sturdy machines.

Leave a comment:

• LorraineRob
    replied

Ooooh, that 'as is' would have me worried too. Fingers crossed for you that it just needs a bit of a service.

Leave a comment:

• coppy777
    replied

Thanks for your input! Karen, I had originally thought I would sell the 1471, but I just can't get rid of it, I love it too much! I did purchase the 7530 for $300, thinking it would be a good backup machine but was not able to test it because the lady met me in a parking lot. It was a craigslist item. She promised it worked beautifully....... but....... Since getting it home and trying it out I am not so sure. The pressure foot does not come down fully on the fabric unless I pull on it. It seems to have a few other issues so I am going to take it in and have it checked over. The scary part is that she had me sign a paper saying that I purchased it "as is". She said that was so in case I dropped it, and it got damaged, that she would not be liable. I was so nervous all the way home. Omg I must be the most gullible person on earth. Either that, or I have the word sucker written across my forehead. Hopefully it just needs a good cleaning and adjustments made.

Leave a comment:

• Vonnie
    replied

It's good to have a back up machine. Don't know anything about Pfaff's.

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied

Don't get rid of your 1471! I have that machine and have had it for 20 years or so and I just can't part with it, even though I have another machine.

Leave a comment:

• coppy777
    started a topic Need advice on a machine...

Need advice on a machine...

I currently have a Pfaff Creative 1471. It has the dual feed that I couldn't be without now. I love this machine, but have the chance to purchase a Pfaff Creative 7530, only slightly used by one person for only $300. I am looking for any input or advice on making this upgrade. Thanks in advance!!
Working...
X