At a stand still

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At a stand still

I had order a bobbin case for my sewing machine last Wednesday was told it would take until March the 6 for it to come in so I waited finally called yesturday to find out that the part would not be in that it is on back order until the end of the month. I got on ebay and found one now I have to wait until next week for it to get here it did ship out today so I will get it.

I have cut out fabric for a dresden plate can't wait to get started sewing it. I live in a little town that only has one place that you can get parts from and two stores you can get fabric from, so I buy a lot on line. As you can see I am so bored.

Re: At a stand still

You need a back up machine!!!!

Not all wounds are so obvious. Walk gently in the lives of others - Unknown Author

No one has ever become poor by giving - Anne Frank

http://www.etsy.com/shop/thequiltedpig

Comment

Ugh. I don't like being not able to sew when I want to either. At least this gives you plenty of time to plan out more quilts, shop for more fabric or the clean the house time, did I say shop for more fabric - it would be my pick Hope you get your machine fixed quicker than they thought.

Comment

Nothing was wrong with my machine, but the maintenance agreement covers thorough cleanings and tune ups, so I took mine in after Christmas, as did apparently everyone else. Was told it would take 2 weeks (got it back a few days early) but I took that time to reorganize my fabric and sewing/crafting supplies. Cleaned my cutting mat. Changed my rotary cutter blades. Took inventory on my thread, needles and stocked up on items that were running low. Flipped through some library books and magazines to get ideas on future projects and when I found my favorite, I made sure I had enough material - started cutting the fabric getting it ready for piecing. Even found a ruler I forgot I had! All that got me in the mood to do some early spring cleaning around the house, so I cleaned out my and the kid's closets (donated clothes we hadn't worn in a while or "outgrew"). I even refinished my quilting/sewing table and painted the bathroom! Time flew by and before I knew it my machine was back, nicely tuned, and works better than ever!

Comment

I feel your pain. I've been on vacation and haven't been able to work on any of my projects for a week. I'm flying home today and looking forward to stitching tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
          X