A Quilter in the making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Quilter in the making

This is what is going on at my house right now.oldest son laying out a quilt top.jpg This is our oldest son. He is taking the quilt pieces and laying them out in blocks. He has a great eye for colors and patterns with quilts. He and the rest of the children have been asking to start quilting and sewing. So we picked up material for pillow cases the other day and will get started on those soon.
    Every morning they ask what the daily deal is. They enjoy going to the Missouri Star, every time we go they have to check to see if Jenny is in. And if they don't go with me, the first question they ask when I get back is "Was Jenny there?" They watch the tutorials with me. They seen the one with the tote bag and have decided that I need to make one for their piano books. So I bought the music material and will start soon. Apparently, I am getting them addicted to quilting at a young age

Re: A Quilter in the making

This is wonderful. Keep inspiring them.
    sigpicAnita G.

Comment

Encourage them all as much as you have time for.....without cutting into your own quilting time, LOL! Pattern matching and rearranging blocks, designs, etc.......all great problem solving and brain work experiences! Continue!

Comment

How fun! It is always good to hear the kids are involved.

I have my granddaughter sit with me in my sewing room. She uses scraps to glue on color paper and makes pictures and cards. I do not feel she is ready to sew yet even though she is 8. Maybe toward the end of this uear. I hust want her to continue seeing what I do and the responsibilities that go with it. Lily says I stay up too late watching my videos.

Enjoy and I would love to hear more on how they do.
        Karen
        Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Quilting View Post
          This is what is going on at my house right now.[ATTACH=CONFIG]70162[/ATTACH] This is our oldest son. He is taking the quilt pieces and laying them out in blocks. He has a great eye for colors and patterns with quilts. He and the rest of the children have been asking to start quilting and sewing. So we picked up material for pillow cases the other day and will get started on those soon.
          Every morning they ask what the daily deal is. They enjoy going to the Missouri Star, every time we go they have to check to see if Jenny is in. And if they don't go with me, the first question they ask when I get back is "Was Jenny there?" They watch the tutorials with me. They seen the one with the tote bag and have decided that I need to make one for their piano books. So I bought the music material and will start soon. Apparently, I am getting them addicted to quilting at a young age

I love your son's cowboy jammies!

Comment

You can never start too young!

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Working...
            X