• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hulamoon
    replied
    Re: JRR 2 Tutorial

Originally posted by Filusan View Post
    I am looking for some information about JR2.

For the blocks and the pane around, how much yardage?
    How wide is the pane (white) on the video?

How much for the sash around the outside edge?

Then trying to figure yardage, what is the "finished size" with 1 jelly roll?
    How much is needed for the backing?

I wish that MQS would post the yardage and sizes for the demonstrated quilts.

I want to shop and am afraid I won't have purchased enough backing and then the yardage is sold out.
    Thank you.
    If you go to 10:46 in the video she mentions how much for the white sash/squares and border.
    Last edited by Hulamoon; March 15, 2014, 12:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Filusan
    replied

I am looking for some information about JR2.

For the blocks and the pane around, how much yardage?
    How wide is the pane (white) on the video?

How much for the sash around the outside edge?

Then trying to figure yardage, what is the "finished size" with 1 jelly roll?
    How much is needed for the backing?

I wish that MQS would post the yardage and sizes for the demonstrated quilts.

I want to shop and am afraid I won't have purchased enough backing and then the yardage is sold out.
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• easyquilts
    replied

I'm doing a regular JRR quilt, but I want to do a JRR 2 quilt, when I get a Hubba Hubba jelly toll. Love that line of fabric.

Leave a comment:

• Quiltfreestyle
    replied

I saw a sample of this variation at my LQS a few weeks ago & it looks really interesting. On one of the samples they appliqu├ęd trees (it was made with red Christmas fabric).
    I like the idea of cutting the strips into smaller segments, thanks for the idea. I have a Kaleidoscope JR and also a Kaffee Fassett JR. I think I'm going to combine them & see how it turns out.

Leave a comment:

• Oleg
    replied

Nice tutorial, I like this variation. I already made a quilt very similar to this. I just got two jelly rolls today in the mail from Missouri Star, and I am going to make this pattern for both. I think I am going to go one further and cut the strips in half, and then cut the second pile into thirds (6 inch strips.) I'm hoping that will make it look even scrappier. Chain piece all the little squares to the long strips; after they are all done, sew them to three random strips into one long strip. I bought the Plum Sweet for a good friend's birthday and a Boo Crew to make a fun Halloween quilt. I think it will be a lot of fun making them!

Leave a comment:

• lilamath
    replied

I look forward to Fridays because I know that Jenny is going to have another tutorial that will get my mind inspired. Thanks so much for making my day.

Leave a comment:

• Pandabear
    replied

I made the first JRR quilt from her tutorial when it came out. Now I'm going to have to go buy a jelly roll to make this one. It's a nice way to spend an afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• Granny Judy
    replied

I just got thru watching it this morning.. If I can't remember what I was gonna do with my Jellys, I may resort to making them into JR 2 quilts. I love the break up of that little block.

Leave a comment:

• laf512
    replied

I think I finally know what I am going to do with the Lili-fied jelly roll that I've had in my stash for several months! I just need to order some yardage for the border...good thing the line is still in stock at MSQC!

Leave a comment:

• ctab
    replied

I like this jelly roll race better than the first. I totally want to make it!

Leave a comment:

• Spiff
    replied

This is in the new magazine. In that she shows it in more of "earthy colors" and it is really pretty.

Leave a comment:

• EnumclawGramma
    replied

I love this variation. Added to my list! Jenny wants to keep me busy and buried in fabric forever and I LOVE her for it!

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

This is a cute variation on the JRR. Thanks for the link!

Leave a comment:

• Iris Girl
    replied

I like it better with the little squares! very cute

Leave a comment:

• Suzette
    replied

Jenny just makes me smile! She is such a warm, happy woman! And I loved the little outtake at the end of the video with the two jelly rolls - too funny!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X