JRR 2 Tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JRR 2 Tutorial

I made the first JRR quilt from her tutorial when it came out. Now I'm going to have to go buy a jelly roll to make this one. It's a nice way to spend an afternoon.

Comment

I look forward to Fridays because I know that Jenny is going to have another tutorial that will get my mind inspired. Thanks so much for making my day.

Comment

Nice tutorial, I like this variation. I already made a quilt very similar to this. I just got two jelly rolls today in the mail from Missouri Star, and I am going to make this pattern for both. I think I am going to go one further and cut the strips in half, and then cut the second pile into thirds (6 inch strips.) I'm hoping that will make it look even scrappier. Chain piece all the little squares to the long strips; after they are all done, sew them to three random strips into one long strip. I bought the Plum Sweet for a good friend's birthday and a Boo Crew to make a fun Halloween quilt. I think it will be a lot of fun making them!

Comment

I saw a sample of this variation at my LQS a few weeks ago & it looks really interesting. On one of the samples they appliquéd trees (it was made with red Christmas fabric).
          I like the idea of cutting the strips into smaller segments, thanks for the idea. I have a Kaleidoscope JR and also a Kaffee Fassett JR. I think I'm going to combine them & see how it turns out.
          May the road rise up to meet you...
          May the wind be always at your back...
          May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
          Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

I'm doing a regular JRR quilt, but I want to do a JRR 2 quilt, when I get a Hubba Hubba jelly toll. Love that line of fabric.

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

I am looking for some information about JR2.

For the blocks and the pane around, how much yardage?
              How wide is the pane (white) on the video?

How much for the sash around the outside edge?

Then trying to figure yardage, what is the "finished size" with 1 jelly roll?
              How much is needed for the backing?

I wish that MQS would post the yardage and sizes for the demonstrated quilts.

I want to shop and am afraid I won't have purchased enough backing and then the yardage is sold out.
              Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Filusan View Post
                I am looking for some information about JR2.

For the blocks and the pane around, how much yardage?
                How wide is the pane (white) on the video?

How much for the sash around the outside edge?

Then trying to figure yardage, what is the "finished size" with 1 jelly roll?
                How much is needed for the backing?

I wish that MQS would post the yardage and sizes for the demonstrated quilts.

I want to shop and am afraid I won't have purchased enough backing and then the yardage is sold out.
                Thank you.
                If you go to 10:46 in the video she mentions how much for the white sash/squares and border.
                Last edited by Hulamoon; March 15, 2014, 12:35 PM.
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
                X