Still in Florida.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still in Florida.

I was supposed to fly home yesterday, but one of my traveling companions woke up to sick to travel. So we rescheduled and now we are flying home on Saturday.

One the people that is staying in the condo with us is a long time quilter. She is quite a devout quilter to say the least. She arrived with her Janome, material, design wall and has been working on a top. She made several quilts (wall hanging/lap quilts) to be raffled off at the convention she is here for.

She offered to let me use her machine and all while she is at the convention. We have talked quilt each evening to the point the others roll their eyes and put their fingers in their ears. LOL

She has shown me some great things and answered a lot of questions. She had a stash of magazines with her and I'm enjoying paging through them.

If you get stuck in Florida, how can it get any better than with a great quilter in the same condo. She is also the one I posted about in another thread, who made lap quilts out of my mother-in-laws dresses when she passed. So it has been a double treat to get to meet and know her.

Re: Still in Florida.

You're right, if you're going to get stuck somewhere...make it with a quilter!
    TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

How fun! While she is recovering you could hit a quilt store to pick up a few things to help with the trip (hint hint). I love finding new stores in other states....
      Home is where your mother is..........;)

Comment

BOB -- sure hope the rain is keeping you in - perfect timing for a bit of machine time .. aye? . . OR . . check out a few local quilt shop while in the rainy sunshine state . . L*~

raining like the dickens here in NE Florida

Have a safe trip home
        2015 is here
        Be Bold and Bravely put one foot in front of the other :)

Comment

Can't think of a better way to be "stuck" in Florida!
          *~* Myrna *~*
          *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Sorry your friend is sick! But oh shucks, there you are stuck waiting for a plane with a sewing machine at your side! Have fun!

Comment

I'm glad you are having a great time. Missouri is melting. Things should be pretty good by the time you get back home. How nice you were able to meet another quilter and pick her brain! Enjoy the rest of your trip....Barb
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Bob, none of us picked up on the fact that you were looking for a new lady friend . . .

Congratulations!!
                Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Hmmm I must have missed reading some threads. It is nice to have someone to discuss and learn quilting techniques so I guess your trip had an added bonus.

Comment

Hhmmm. that must be our new "member" in the last post.

Bob, what part of Florida are you in? Maybe one of us Florida girls could recommend a quilt shop for you to check out while you're waiting for Saturday.
                    Donna

Comment

I'm in Orlando. And just to set the record straight, I'm not spouse shopping. Had one for 22 years couldn't keep her, not up to learning a new ones likes and dislikes. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by BobW View Post
                        I'm in Orlando. And just to set the record straight, I'm not spouse shopping. Had one for 22 years couldn't keep her, not up to learning a new ones likes and dislikes. LOL
                        Famous last words! I think there was a 007 movie called "Never Say 'Never Again'".
                        Vonnie

Comment

Working...
                        X