I CANNOT believe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I CANNOT believe

that I EVEN did this! I have been working on a rag quilt for my oldest Grandson-he just turned 7. I had made a rag quilt for his mom when our son proposed to her. She adores it and has used it consistently...until my Bug ( Mema's Bug you know)....came along. He loves the rag quilt and and will worry a stitch until he breaks the thread so his little fingers can slip through. I took it home with me about a month ago and repaired 11 spots where his little fingers had broken through. All part of his ADHD. My DIL asked me if I would make him a rag quilt of his own so she could have her quilt back!

So, this past summer I found the Boundary Waters flannel layer cake by Moda. Fell in love with it and picked up 1 pack to use in who know what. At the time I wasn't that concerned. So when the request came for a quilt for him, I thought of the layer cake because his parents call him Bear, with his younger brother being called Moose....long story. So I started on the quilt for Bug for his B'day. Why in the world did I ever think that I would get a quilt done for a 7 yr. old to last through his school years on ONE LAYER CAKE? I had other flannel that blended in that I had cut into 10" squares and I ended up with another 20. BUT, even that won't give me enough for a twin sized rag quilt.

I am now on the end of the flannel season, especially for pre cuts. And I have to have the same fabric being half way through the quilt....so after spending waaaaayyyyyyyy too much time looking for fabric on line...you know how it goes. you find that blender you have been looking for and, OH, look at that bear fabric will that go...no but this is cute and I think it will work with.....you get the idea. But I did find the layer cake...the only store that had more than one so I didn't have to pay shipping twice.....in ALASKA. It's right next door to Virginia, right? <<<shaking head>>>ordered and it will be on it's way. This time I bought two so that this quilt will be so d#mn big that it will cover him until he marries, at this rate. Which will mean that Moose will be expecting a quilt for his July b'day...not a chance this year!

As I said.....What was I thinking of?
    Home is where your mother is..........;)

Re: I CANNOT believe

You were thinking of pleasing your loved ones, gets you into trouble every time LOL
    I did something similar for my grandson's quilt but it wasn't quite the epic yours was. Haha
    I'm sure he will adore it even after he marries,,,
    May the road rise up to meet you...
    May the wind be always at your back...
    May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
    Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Sounds like you're a great granny! He's lucky that granny hangs in there and keeps digging to get what she needs to finish the project. Be sure and post pics so we can see it when you are done.

Comment

It sounds like he is a very lucky grandson to have a grandma go through as much as you did trying to find enough material to get him a quilt. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Comment

Working...
        X