Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inspiration from anywhere....I bought me a cat.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Inspiration from anywhere....I bought me a cat.

    Just sharing.

    My daughter loves Dr. Who so I need to get busy on making her a TARDIS quilt. I've seen several on the internet, but just haven't begun her version of it yet. This is a common quilt theme inspired by fandom.

    But for those who don't know - I am a music teacher in the public schools by day. Recently I have been singing an old American song with kids called "I Bought me a Cat"......and today I decided that this will make a perfect quilt theme. Each block will be the different animals mentioned in the song. Look up a youtube version of the song (preferable Aaron Copland version) and you may be inspired too!
    A future fun quilt that perhaps if I make a few of these I can actually use them in my classroom in the future. FUN!

    I may have also discovered my NICHE for publishing my own patterns! I already have an etsy store called Sewfeggio if I need a marketplace....hmmmmmm I'm always dreaming how to combine my love of music with quilting. Or....how to be self employed and retire from teaching in general....sigh

    My brain is teaming with ideas - now can I be disciplined enough to see them through?
    Sondra J. :icon_wave:

    #2
    Re: Inspiration from anywhere....I bought me a cat.

    What a cute idea for a children's quilt.
    ​Robyn

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Inspiration from anywhere....I bought me a cat.

      Bought me a cat and the cat pleased me, I fed my cat under yonder tree. Cat goes fiddle-i-fee. (I was a music major back in the day and I love that song...) annnnd my 19 yo dd is a MAJOR Dr. Who fan (as was her momma years ago ) - so if you come up with a great pattern idea I'd love to see it!

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Inspiration from anywhere....I bought me a cat.

        You don't like James Taylor?
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

        "...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Inspiration from anywhere....I bought me a cat.

          Just listened to it on youtube - fun song. I think it could make a really neat quilt. I'll be looking forward to seeing pictures when you're done.

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Inspiration from anywhere....I bought me a cat.

            Oh, Sondra, I apologize . . . LOVE the Copeland version!!!

            I can hardly wait to see your quilt.
            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

            "...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Inspiration from anywhere....I bought me a cat.

              I thought he was saying "gumbo" tree! Be sure a tree is one of your blocks. I never heard this song before.
              Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Inspiration from anywhere....I bought me a cat.

                I love James Taylor! I saw him in concert in Tampa with Carole King. :-)
                Sondra J. :icon_wave:

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Inspiration from anywhere....I bought me a cat.

                  Originally posted by madampolo View Post
                  I thought he was saying "gumbo" tree! Be sure a tree is one of your blocks. I never heard this song before.
                  The tree would be a center panel I'm thinking surrounded by blocks of the other animals.
                  Sondra J. :icon_wave:

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Inspiration from anywhere....I bought me a cat.

                    Originally posted by songbird857 View Post
                    Bought me a cat and the cat pleased me, I fed my cat under yonder tree. Cat goes fiddle-i-fee. (I was a music major back in the day and I love that song...) annnnd my 19 yo dd is a MAJOR Dr. Who fan (as was her momma years ago ) - so if you come up with a great pattern idea I'd love to see it!
                    I'm currently working on a TARDIS quilt that I saw on a website.

                    Quilts of a Feather: TARDIS II Quilt

                    She did a first quilt from a panel and then decided to make up her own design. So she has posted the measurements for it on her website. Mine hasn't turned out exactly like hers and you have to look closely at her design to get all the measurements, but it has turned out really cool so far. I'll post a picture when I get it pieced.

                    This link is for the design

                    Quilts of a Feather: TARDIS Quilt design

                    I thought you might be interested... :-)

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Inspiration from anywhere....I bought me a cat.

                      Originally posted by andralynaa View Post
                      I'm currently working on a TARDIS quilt that I saw on a website.

                      Quilts of a Feather: TARDIS II Quilt

                      She did a first quilt from a panel and then decided to make up her own design. So she has posted the measurements for it on her website. Mine hasn't turned out exactly like hers and you have to look closely at her design to get all the measurements, but it has turned out really cool so far. I'll post a picture when I get it pieced.

                      This link is for the design

                      Quilts of a Feather: TARDIS Quilt design

                      I thought you might be interested... :-)
                      Thank You!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Inspiration from anywhere....I bought me a cat.

                        Oh my I have a DIL that is a huge fan of Dr Who,,,.if I made her a TARDIS quilt I think she would freak out....do you have a pattern?

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: Inspiration from anywhere....I bought me a cat.

                          I think I'm gonna try that pattern listed here in the thread by AndraLynn.....
                          Sondra J. :icon_wave:

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: Inspiration from anywhere....I bought me a cat.

                            I started a new thread with all the info I have for the TARDIS quilt and my progress so far.

                            http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/loo...-who-fans.html

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: Inspiration from anywhere....I bought me a cat.

                              What a great idea, lol. It'll be a really fun quilt. I can't wait to see the tardis either!
                              I'm not a complete idiot.....some pieces are missing!
                              Lorraine

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X