Baby Lock Crescendo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby Lock Crescendo

It's easy to compare prices on cars..............why not on sewing machines?

Is there anyone here that bought the Crescendo and is willing to share what you paid for it? There are no price comparisons online that I can find.....

Thanks in advance!

Re: Baby Lock Crescendo

Here's a link with some comparisons. Normally, they also tell how much they paid for the machine too! Hope this helps. Sewing Machines & Embroidery Machinery - Sewing Machine Reviews - Singer Sewing Machine, Brother Sewing Machine, Viking Sewing Machine at PatternReview.com
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by beesquiltin View Post
      It's easy to compare prices on cars..............why not on sewing machines?

Is there anyone here that bought the Crescendo and is willing to share what you paid for it? There are no price comparisons online that I can find.....

Thanks in advance!
      I priced the Crescendo at "The Stitching Place" in Indianola Iowa last June and it was $4249.15. This is a Babylock Dealer and was Cash price with No Trade In.
      Last edited by Genny; March 5, 2014, 09:39 AM.
      TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

Check out patternreview.com.

When I go buy a new machine, I check out MSRP and start negotiating at 30% below that. A reasonable dealer will counter. It is a little like a car purchase.
        Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric
        Martina (aka MadQuilter in other forums)

Comment

My dealer told me $4200... Oh man do I want that machine!!!!!! I saw it again today and I left drooling!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Karena1984 View Post
            My dealer told me $4200... Oh man do I want that machine!!!!!! I saw it again today and I left drooling!!!

I really considered the Crescendo but purchased the Ellisimo Gold instead...BIG MISTAKE!...all I had was trouble. Five months later I traded it.

I think you will probably be really happy with the Crescendo.
            TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

With all that I have read about the prices, how is it the same machine can cost one person 2000 and another over 5000. This is really crazy
              Karen
              Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Thanks to all of you for your replies! I am still drooling over this machine, and want it so bad I can taste it. But I get such WILD differences on a FAIR, HONEST price. I would rather do without than to line a dealers pocket who isn't being "up front" with me. Trouble is, that Crescendo keeps calling my name................

Comment

I have had this machine for a year...paid 4000 cash/check price and came with some add on stuff like gloves/thread. Convinced them to toss is a baby lock coffee mug Totally worth it, haha. Loooove this machine. Great space. Not into a lot of embroidery so it is perfect for me. A lot of $ but I hope to use this for a long time!
                  To quilt or not to quilt?.....what a ridiculous question!
                  Check out all things quilty at my blog here: http://www.sassyquilter.com

Comment

I bought mine last year for about $3800.00. I absolutely love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Genny View Post
                      I priced the Crescendo at "The Stitching Place" in Indianola Iowa last June and it was $4249.15. This is a Babylock Dealer and was Cash price with No Trade In.
                      Wow, I'm a Canadian dealer and according to my price list from Baby Lock Canada from Nov 2013, I sell it for less than that in Canadian dollars.

Comment

Thought I had posted a reply, but I did something wrong because now I don't see it. Just wanted to thank each of you for your input. My plans are to keep searching for the best price, and to give a stray Crescendo a good home before the end of this year. Perhaps I could get dealers to give me bids. hehehe.

Comment

Price depends on location. MSRP is a general starting point, but each dealer has their own overhead costs that are going to vary greatly from city to city.

Also, what services does the dealer provide, after the sale?

I would not base a purchase strictly on price. Base it on the dealer, and what else you get. Like classes. Fast service times. In house technicians. Loner machines if necessary. Warranty service.

I am willing to pay for the extras, especially after hearing so many many many horror stories of dealers that take your money then are finished with you!
                          Cathryn

Comment

I bought mine this month for $3700 no trade in...cash. You might want to check out Brother machines too. I was going to buy the Dreamweaver until I found out this was a better deal. Both machines are the same.

Comment

I checked out the Crescendo today and it was listed at - - - cough, cough $5,999. Yikes, that's big price tag.
                              Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric
                              Martina (aka MadQuilter in other forums)

Comment

Working...
                              X