X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dwil23
    replied
    Re: Blast from the past!

Hhhmmm....don't remember Kmart selling fabric at all. I do remember Belk Lindsey (dept store), Zayre's (ex Dh's aunt managed the fabric dept her entire working life until they closed), and my favorite because I could walk to it when I was first married, TG&Y. I still have fabric I bought at TG&Y back in the day.

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

Remember, all the big department stores used to carry fabric too! How I miss that....

Leave a comment:

• Iris Girl
    replied

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
    I used to buy fabric at Woolworths when I first moved here. I was so bummed when they shut down. They had the coolest stuff in that store.
    Oh wow I remember woolworth when I was growing up they had some of everything!! Loved that store. Back then I made clothes for myself and they sold the best assortment of sundress fabrics ever. You know the ones that are shirred elastic on top. I had a bout a dozen and did so many strap configurations, it was awesome, also used to make a lot of pillows and I remember our sofa had all fur pillows thats where it all came from. Thanks for a walk down memory lane!

Leave a comment:

• kitkat0303
    replied

I remember Kmart selling fabric. My daughter was a toddler and I bought their tiny florals for sunsuits. Thanks for the reminder.

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

Our Kmart had a little craft dept. I used to buy fabric at Woolworths when I first moved here. I was so bummed when they shut down. They had the coolest stuff in that store.

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

I don't know anything about KMart selling fabric, but I think I have a piece of that same line in my stash.

Leave a comment:

• Leah53
    replied

I remember Kmart selling fabric, don't remember how far back. I have a blast from the past also, I have spools of thread from Zayre's 5/1.00, now I know that was 30 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Quiltfreestyle
    replied

I remember when our local K-mart sold fabric, it must have been back in the late 70's. That's where I used to buy fabric when I first started quilting. We had a Newberry's too that sold flat fold pieces, 2 yards each if I remember correctly. Bought from them too, the price was right & there were no LQS back then,,
    I think our K-mart stopped selling around 1980

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

I don't remember when they stopped, but I know they sold it in 1977 because we lived in military housing at the time and I bought some to make kitchen curtains with.

Leave a comment:

• Vonnie
    replied

I remember K-mart selling fabric when I was a teenager. I was told they did away with it because it was not cost effective.

Leave a comment:

• Auntpiggylpn
    started a topic Blast from the past!

Blast from the past!

I am working steadily to get my creative space together and useable after our recent move. (It seems I am easily distracted. . .) I was going thru a tub of fabric that was given to me god only knows when and stumbled across this fabric. It is only 35" WOF. I don't remember Kmart selling fabric. Anybody know when Kmart stopped selling fabric?

Interesting that the colors in this older fabric have come full circle and are popular again!!!
    Attached Files
Working...
X