Blast from the past!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blast from the past!

I am working steadily to get my creative space together and useable after our recent move. (It seems I am easily distracted. . .) I was going thru a tub of fabric that was given to me god only knows when and stumbled across this fabric. It is only 35" WOF. I don't remember Kmart selling fabric. Anybody know when Kmart stopped selling fabric?

Interesting that the colors in this older fabric have come full circle and are popular again!!!
    Attached Files

Not all wounds are so obvious. Walk gently in the lives of others - Unknown Author

No one has ever become poor by giving - Anne Frank

http://www.etsy.com/shop/thequiltedpig

Re: Blast from the past!

I remember K-mart selling fabric when I was a teenager. I was told they did away with it because it was not cost effective.
    Vonnie

Comment

I don't remember when they stopped, but I know they sold it in 1977 because we lived in military housing at the time and I bought some to make kitchen curtains with.
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I remember when our local K-mart sold fabric, it must have been back in the late 70's. That's where I used to buy fabric when I first started quilting. We had a Newberry's too that sold flat fold pieces, 2 yards each if I remember correctly. Bought from them too, the price was right & there were no LQS back then,,
        I think our K-mart stopped selling around 1980
        May the road rise up to meet you...
        May the wind be always at your back...
        May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
        Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

I remember Kmart selling fabric, don't remember how far back. I have a blast from the past also, I have spools of thread from Zayre's 5/1.00, now I know that was 30 years ago.
          Since you're always on my mind can you straighten out the mess up there?

Comment

I don't know anything about KMart selling fabric, but I think I have a piece of that same line in my stash.
            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Our Kmart had a little craft dept. I used to buy fabric at Woolworths when I first moved here. I was so bummed when they shut down. They had the coolest stuff in that store.
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

I remember Kmart selling fabric. My daughter was a toddler and I bought their tiny florals for sunsuits. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                  I used to buy fabric at Woolworths when I first moved here. I was so bummed when they shut down. They had the coolest stuff in that store.
                  Oh wow I remember woolworth when I was growing up they had some of everything!! Loved that store. Back then I made clothes for myself and they sold the best assortment of sundress fabrics ever. You know the ones that are shirred elastic on top. I had a bout a dozen and did so many strap configurations, it was awesome, also used to make a lot of pillows and I remember our sofa had all fur pillows thats where it all came from. Thanks for a walk down memory lane!
                  sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                  Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                  Sigmund Freud

Comment

Remember, all the big department stores used to carry fabric too! How I miss that....
                    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Hhhmmm....don't remember Kmart selling fabric at all. I do remember Belk Lindsey (dept store), Zayre's (ex Dh's aunt managed the fabric dept her entire working life until they closed), and my favorite because I could walk to it when I was first married, TG&Y. I still have fabric I bought at TG&Y back in the day.
                      Donna

Comment

Working...
                      X