No announcement yet.

Please tell me I'm not the only one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please tell me I'm not the only one...

Did that recently. Finally found the pattern for a layer cake I purchased. Only to find I have three of the same charm packs. I have no clue why I bought them, but I * know* I bought them for a specific reason.

Comment

Only every day. No, seriously...some times I can remember, but most of the time I just buy fabric cuz I like it, and figure out what I am going to do with it much later.
      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jsmetcalf View Post
        As soon as I finished writing my original forum note, I went and got my notebook which now sits next to my computer! I have always written down the information when I start a quilt with the date, pattern, fabric line, finish date, and quilt name. I also clip a small section of each fabric, attach it to the information above and file it in my completed quilt book. Guess I just need to add a section with orders, fabrics, and plans. Certainly can't rely on my memory anymore! As if bathing suit body, natural hair color, and sleeping through the night weren't enough to lose as I get older, I can now add short-term memory loss!
        If you only knew what you are really in store for... Wait, what is this discussion about? LOL

Forgetting why you purchased the fabric leads to a great fabric stash!

Comment

I think it's funny when you buy something from M*, at the bottom of the confirmation screen, there is a box that says something like, What Are You Going to Do With This? has anyone else noticed this box?

I just laugh when I see it because I usually don't have a clue what I'm going to do. Sometimes I've thought about putting something snarky in the box just because. I'd love to read what other put in that box.

Comment

I was just cleaning a little in my sewing room & realized I bought 3 charm packs from M*. I really like them but I never buy charm packs & I have no clue why i bought these. I seem to remember they were DD when I first joined,,, it must have the euphoria of finding this wonderful forum. Ha ha ha
            May the road rise up to meet you...
            May the wind be always at your back...
            May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
            Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

i've had packages come in more times and not even remember that i ordered them until i see them then i look at my husband and say sorry i forgot i had that coming. good thing i'm not a big spender.
              :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

I have to write it down in my quilting notebook or I forget what I'm going to do with the fabric. The other thing is there are many times I'm wanting to quilt but have no idea what I have on hand or want to do, so I flip through the notebook and figure out what to do. Of course, I'm also reminded that I have several quilts that need to be sent out to the machine quilter.

Comment

When I place an order I print out my receipt and if the fabric is for something in particular I jot down what my intentions were. I started doing that after a few times of placing an order and not remembering exactly why when the order arrived. I'm glad I am in such good company having the memory problem!!!
                  Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

Working...
                  X