Sew Expo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sew Expo

Well, I went to my first sew expo on Sunday. It was fun! I did an Eleanor Burns seminar, Marti Mitchell and one with Steve Butler from Clover. All were very good.
    I only got to go the one day, due to family things, but I think two days would have been just right.

I did get some Kai scissors, my first, hand dyed ribbon, hand dyed fabric, great deal on 100% cotton Maderia thread, Oriental fabric, Batik fabric (8.00 a yd), silk ribbon, pashmina scarves, got a project in mind, I got some pattern sheets too.
    Had a great time!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by QuiltingRN; March 3, 2014, 11:41 AM.
    April

Re: Sew Expo

I am so looking forward to attending in Lakeland, FL on March 22nd. Saving my pennies.

Good to hear you had a great time. A full day is good, but that second day is even better.
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I take it you had a good time then? Two days would be good, but at $12 a pop, that was more than I wanted to spend just to get in. I love looking at all the new stuff! Next year I will check their opening hours so we get there sooner.
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Glad your Expo was worthwhile. The one near hear last Fall was an afternoon at best. Not going next year.
        I have been to Paducah and after you have seen Paree it is hard for anything else to measure up.

Comment

Oh Clare, I don't think you understand the Expo here! It is the largest in the US. I met some women who came from Oklahoma to attend and I mentioned how I wanted to go to Paducah and they told me not to waste my time because it isn't even half the size this one is. We were there for almost seven hours and only made it thru once!
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
            I take it you had a good time then? Two days would be good, but at $12 a pop, that was more than I wanted to spend just to get in. I love looking at all the new stuff! Next year I will check their opening hours so we get there sooner.
            Do they give you any discount if you pre-order tickets for both days?? That would be sweet...
            I know that tickets for the Road to California can be preordered thru all the local quilt shops & you can get a good discount if you buy 2 or more days
            Maybe I'll get to go to the Expo someday. (( sigh))
            May the road rise up to meet you...
            May the wind be always at your back...
            May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
            Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

I too went to the Sew Expo in Seattle.
              Came home tired, wet, poor and absolutely ecstatic.
              I shopped with my wish list in hand, got 90% of what was on my list (well and a few extras) and couldn't get over some of the amazing quilts there.
              Now am planning already for next year.
              Oh, and while I was getting coffee, the server was saying that one person came from New York and another made a holiday of it from England. Holy smokes. that's dedication (addiction lol).
              Sometimes I wake up Grumpy!
              Other times I just let HIM sleep.

Lynn

Comment

the one in Birmingham was small and not many vendors. They have cancelled it for 2014, I just found out. I am sure it is promoted more in other places and has many vendors, just wasn't the case here.

Comment

It sounds like the Expos are pretty different. The one in Georgia is small to medium sized, I guess and didn't get Eleanor Burns types. It was good, but not fabulous and the classes seem pricey. I spent a day there last year and haven't decided if I'll go this year since I'm going to Quiltfest in TN. The Quiltfest gets great speakers. Nearly all the classes were filled 2 months early but I am taking a couple. I'm excited about it.

Comment

The expo here was great! I could have spent more money for sure! The one needle seminars were only 5.00 and the I pre ordered the tickets so the door tickets were only 10.00 per day. I would like to take more classes and then have a whole day for shopping. I didn't get a chance to see everything but will next year!
                    April

Comment

Working...
                    X