Circle cut ruler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Circle cut ruler

Maybe it's just me, but I am having trouble using the circle cut ruler with the EZ cut rotary tool. It's like the blade isn't touching the fabric. Is there a trick?

Thanks in advance

Re: Circle cut ruler

Originally posted by jcraven58 View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I am having trouble using the circle cut ruler with the EZ cut rotary tool. It's like the blade isn't touching the fabric. Is there a trick?

Thanks in advance
    I purchased one in florida for a friend she has the same problem.I tried it when I was at her place and found you need to put some pressure on it. After its used a few times I think will get better. Its a great tool.
    Hope this helps.
    Gale

Comment

Is this what you are using?

What I have learned - keep the cutter totally vertical to your surface with the blade to the inside - next to the edge of the circle size you are cutting. If you have the protective cover side of the blade to the inside you cannot get an accurate cut. But vertical, vertical and you shouldn't have any problem.

Oh, and make sure you slip that protective cover up when you are using it . . . there's a little button on the side.
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I use a Fiskar's 25mm rotary cutter. It's small and both sides of the blade is exposed. I agree with Sandy about how keeping it vertical make it a bit easier. I still have to put more pressure than I like but it is what it is.

Comment

Working...
        X